Yesterday I posted my picks for the Top Ten Tablescapes of 2010. So, today I wanted to try to highlight some of the best Foodie Friday dishes of 2010.

I posted 50 tablescapes and coincidentally I also posted 50 Foodie Friday posts! And choosing 10 dishes was just as hard as picking 10 tablescapes.

I did not include any recipes from the 53 weekly menu plans I posted, which hold many, many delicious recipes! (Don't ask how I got 53 weeks, probably one left over from 2009)

These are some of my favorites. Each has a special place in my heart and in the tummies of my family!

For original post and recipe, click name below the picture.



TACO CHEESE SOUP

If you are have made a resolution to lose weight, this might not be the soup for you. But if your are resolved to find a fabulous soup that EVERYONE will love, make this! I get more e-mail singing the praises of this really yummy, easy soup!




HERBED SCRAMBLED EGGS IN TOAST CUPS

I am not a huge breakfast eater. That being said, I do love these wonderful delicate tastes of scrambly delight!

I made a HOT breakfast every morning for my family when my children were growing up. We sat together as a family for breakfast and devotions before work and school. Even though it meant getting up super early every day, it was so worth it and paid off in BIG ways for all of us!

This was on the top of the most their most wanted  list!



EASY CINNAMON BUNS

Please make these and then eat them as soon as they come out of the oven! They will make you smile all day long! These are fabulous goodies and very easy to make. Everyone will think you toiled all morning... but you won't!



MILE HIGH HERBED QUICHE LORAINNE


Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this totally delicious quiche is in a league all of it's own. It bakes so high and fluffy. If I want a NO FAIL brunch this is my go-to recipe. I really can't praise this dish enough!




HERBED BUTTER

Making herbed butter is almost a religious experience for me. I feel like I am doing something good and bigger than myself!

Silly as it sounds, seeing parchment rolls of this buttery goodness in my freezer let's me know that I can throw a delicious dinner together in no time.. and there is peace in the world!




PANSY SHORTBREAD COOKIES

My friend Capi (hi, dear!) brought these for her daughter's bridal shower I hosted last spring. Well, I was so taken with them that I could barely think of anything else until I made my own!

I think these are the most beautiful food I have ever seen! And they taste heavenly!  This is truely food as art!




PIE IN A JAR

Have you ever seen anything so precious? My family LOVED these darling little pies! You can make these up ahead and freeze them. Just pop them out of the freezer and right into the oven. I have a "thing" for individual serving size.

 Cute!!!!!




SALMON EN CROUTE WITH DILL SAUCE

Salmon = Love at StoneGable. We have it almost every week. Wrap it in puffed pastry and it's a love affair!

This company worthy dish is so simple to make. And even better than that... it is impressive, exquisitely beautiful and decadently delicious!




PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING

This is the taste of Autumn! My friend Marilou brought Pumpkin Bread Pudding to Bible Study this fall and I could have eaten the whole pan! Brimming with full flavored ingredients all combined together in a perfect symphony of yumminess!

She generously shared the recipe so I could share Autumn-At-It's-Best with you!




LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP

This is another recipe that I get thank you e-mails for sharing! It is scrumptious and hearty. A meal in a bowl.

Wouldn't this be perfect for Superbowl Sunday.




Bonus Recipes!



FONDANT DAISIES

 My first foray into the mysterious world of fondant was making daisy tops for a bridal shower cup cakes. It was ridiculously easy and had a huge WOW factor. Aren't they sweetness personified? Darling! And they taste pretty good too.






http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2010/04/daisy-cupcake-tutorial.html


MAKING VANILLA

I think vanilla is my favorite flavor and  scent! When I saw how easy it was to make I just could not wait to share it. Real vanilla extract which can be refilled and lasts for years and years. What could be better.



Making Vanilla


OKAY... Just One More!

My Nani's Chicken Noodle Soup

This soup is a MUST TRY! There really are some simple secrets to making great chicken noodle soup. We are BIG soup eaters at StoneGable and this is our favorite hands down!

Chicken Noodle soup is a family recipe passed down for generations.



StoneGable Chicken Noodle Soup


As I look forward to a New Year full of Foodie Friday fun, I hope to bring my dear readers more delicious, easy and flavorful dishes full of love and yummines! (I think I just channeled Paula Deen!)

Be looking for SOME healthier versions of old favorites this year... I said SOME! And new bread recipes as I want to master breadmaking.




I am participating in Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescapers. Check out all the creative, timely ideas by clicking HERE.

Snowfakes30_09

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top