Last month my family spent a wonderful week in Bar Harbor, Maine.  One of my favorite memories was watching my young adult children skipping stones from the sandbar into the Ocean. It was like watching them when they were little. They were having so much fun!


As we walked from the town of Bar Harbor across the sandbar to Bar Island I collected black flat shiny pebbles. I already knew what I would do with them. 

These shiny pebbles would go in a pretty jar and become part of a little "Bar Harbor" vignette. I literally was bringing home a memory and putting it in a jar!

As the pebbles dried they became gray and dull.


Nice, but not the way I remembered as I chose each one wet from the sand.  

A good coat of Polyurethane changed that... they were black and shiny again as if I had just picked them from the Maine sandbar!





The Bar Harbor vignette on the bookshelf in the family room includes a picture of  the Maine landscape...   




 a map of Dessert Island~ the red star is Southwest Harbor where we stayed...




 a picture of my 2 children on top of Day Mountain...




 and some old books bought at a Southwest Harbor library sale...


I made a tag for the jar...



These elements were put all together in a little vignette to remember our wonderful vacation. So much better than bringing home a T shirt!






Here is the bookshelf in the family room.


I hope this might inspire you to put your good times "in a jar" too. 




Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top