A Valentine Table For Two:


My Valentine and I are having a special dinner. I am not one for going out on a holidays- I think the food is not as good and the tempo rushed. So we are eating in front of the fire at an intimate little table for two.







The table is set with sentimentality and romace in mind. The china is my wedding china. Noritake White Nile. It has a lovely geometric band of soft color and a stylized orchid off-set in the middle of the plate. I think it is more Art Deco than Egyptian. Many of the elements of the table tonight have a special meaning for my husband and I.













The china cups have the same geometric bands and white orchid. The china has a handpainted gold rim.


The tablecloth is a white iridescent organza. It is sheer and light and translucent.





The tablecloth has a shimmery quality in candlelight.



The soft-hued  metalic damask napkins are folded to resemble  flowers. Look for a tutorial soon.

Orchids tucked here and there continue the theme.









Waterford Lizmore water and wine goblets were also wedding gifts.








The centerpiece is a silver champagne bucket, another wedding gift. It sat in my cupboard and only came out on special occasions. While on a trip to Savannah I found this fabulous way of using it all year long. By filling it with an orchid and spanish moss, it gains the center of attention in my foyer- now moved to be the star of my Valentine table. I carried an orchid on my wedding day, like my mother, as a tribute to her.
















Silver accents reflect the fire and candlelight.










Crystal salt cellars, knife rests, bud vase and heart shaped dish add some sparkle.










All is ready for a romantic enening!











I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Go see all the creative and beautiful tables. It will inspire you! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top