Pink Saturday:

I have been in a cooking mood lately. I blame it on the snow! We have had  two major snow storms in the last two weeks and this week we were literally snowed in. The road in front of our home was drifted shut until yesterday late afternoon. So what's a girl to do? This girl cooks!

For breakfast yesterday I made some delicious, light as air cream scones (new recipe- look for a post soon) and wanted to make something yummy to drip all over and out of them. I had frozen raspberries in my freezer so I made a lovely sweet and fruity raspberry sauce. We ate it warm on the scones, and I am using it as a filling for a dessert next week (and upcoming post). This sauce is oh, so easy to make and will turn any dessert into a culinary creation!

 Ladled into a sweet jar with a bow and a lovely sentiment, it makes a thoughtful  gift too! That is if you don't eat it first! In that case make sure to double the recipe.


Recipe:
1-10 oz. or a little bigger, bag of frozen raspberries or mixed berries
2 TBS corn starch
4 TBS sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
water
2 TBS raspberry flavored liqueur, optional

Thaw raspberries. In a saucepan add cornstarch, sugar and just enough water to cover the mixture. Stir to disolve. Add lemon juice and raspberries and any juice. Heat till just bubbling. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes and raise heat to gentle boil. Stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Take off heat. Stir in liqueur.

Place sauce in a strainer with a bowl under it and strain out most of the seeds. I like a little bit of seeds in my sauce. Serve immediately or cool in refrigerator. Keep refrigerated.


I am joining Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday. Join the fun and visit some very wonderful and talented people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top