Pink Saturday:
Ever since my husband and I  were married, I have written him little love messages on our bathroom mirror in lipstick and sealed them with a kiss. I also "sign" all of my cards to him with a big, bright lipstick kiss. It's my way of letting him know that he alone not only has my lips, but my heart!

I am studying the book of James in Bible Study and the book of Matthew in Sunday School. According to the Bible, there is a very big connection between our hearts and our lips! The book of James has much to say about the "tongue" and controling our mouths. Likewise, Jesus in the book of Matthew, tell us that our mouth speaks out what fills our hearts.

That got me thinking. I want those lipstick kisses to be a symbol of my love for Bobby. But sometimes my real lips can be a negative force in his life- I am very sorry to admit! My words have tremendous power. Both for good and for bad. For building up and tearing down.  The real truth is, my mouth reveals what is in my heart...my mind, will, emotion and intellect.

You know the old saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". I think whoever said that  must have been studying James 3:9-10.  "With our mouths we bless God our Father; with the same mouths we curse the very men and women He made in His image. Curses and blessings out of the same mouth! That should never be!"

So I made a little sign and sealed it with a kiss- to remind me.


It sits on my desk in the study.  It is to remind me that the lips that kiss Bobby are the lips that need to only say things that are good and productive. That quiet lips are loving lips. I don't need to express my opinion all the time, or give advice or remind. If my lips want to utter unkind or hurtful things I really need to check my heart... and keep those lips closed.

I want my heart to honor him and love him. If my heart does that my lips will follow.
And isn't that what Valentine's day is all about.? Loving someone with all your heart.

So, this year when I sign my husband's Valentine card with a kiss- it will have a much deeper meaning!


I am participating in Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound. Beverly and 180 precious pinkies are participating. Thank you to our very gracious hostess! Check it out!

One wonderful post I don't want you to miss is from The Quintessential Magpie. Sheila tells the most creative story I have ever read (and seen)  in blogland! You will be absolutely delighted with all the monkey business going on over there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top