The cherry blossoms are in full bloom in Washington, DC!  If you have never seen this pink profusion event it is worth the trip. As a tribute to Pinks in the Tidal Basin, I set my Nani's little table on the side porch.




The best I can estimate, this table is edging close to 100 years old. It has never been repainted and is a real chippy mess!  But that made it perfect for eating al fresco.


The table is set for dessert~ YUM!
The plates are stacked to reflect the pretty pinks, whites and greens of the CHERRY BLOSSOMS!







Homemade vanilla cupcakes frosted with strawberry icing and embellished with pretty pink pearls rest in a pink nest of  paper grass. Dessert under glass! This makes the humble cupcake much more elegant!
Look for the cupcake recipe in an upcoming post... the icing is delicious!







Pink napkins are overlaid with netting and caught up in a Cherry Blossom inspired napkin ring. The netting adds a soft layer of fluff! The napkin rings are from Wm-Sonoma.








The table may be old and chipped but fine Waterford glasses hold a refreshing pink libation.



The tall white vase is filled with pink and white cherry blossoms. I literally have boxes of them. They were recycled from my daughter's wedding. I have made so many wreaths with them! See the Cherry Blossom Wreath on my side bar for a Tutorial.





A little nest is also dressed up with these charming flowers.








Cherry Blossoms are so sweet and delicate, and so is the feel of this table.







I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch.

I am participating in Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescapers.

I am joining Kim at Savy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top