Things may start getting ugly around here! The first week of  kitchen renovation was not so bad! Just a couple of cabinets and doors came down. Little things that did not disrupt my life too much.

But, this week... YIKES! Remember I told you that I would only be without my stove and microwave for a day... not so! I guess I heard that because I only WISHED it to be so! So I am cooking until they are gone! Hopefully I'll make it through Wednesday! Then I have a plan to use my slow cooker, large toaster oven and grill. And there is always no cook meals, takeout and dinner invitations from my friends.

Okay, friends! Our calendar is OPEN!

Monday: Soup's On
Southwest Cream Of Chicken Soup
Homemade Tortilla Chips


Recipe: Southwest Cream Of Chicken Soup
I can't wait to make this flavorful soup. It promises a big punch of Southwest flavor! If you want a soup that says OLE' please visit DEBBIE DOES DINNER,,,HEALTHY AND LOW CALORIE  for this yummy and HEALTHY recipe!

Tuesday
Pistachio Crusted Pesto Salmon
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrot Coins
Garlic Sauteed Rice

Recipe: Pistachio Crusted Pesto Salmon
Thanks Katie for telling me about this wonderful and impressive main course!
4 salmon individual fillets
2 cups chopped pistachio nuts (please make sure they are shelled)
1 cup pesto ( click HERE for StoneGable pesto)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Salt and pepper salmon and put on a large rimmed baking sheet. Spoon pesto over salmon. Pack nuts on top of each salmon fillet, pressing down into the pesto and salmon. Make sure the pistachios are compact on the salmon.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until salmon is done, but NOT dry.
Printable Recipe

Wednesday
Tagliolini all'Amatriciana
Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Toasted Pine Nuts In A Lemon Vinaigrette


Recipe: Tagliolini all'Amatriciana
My good friend from The French Basketeer, http://www.french/ basketeer.com, is on a trip in Italy and is keeping us all posted about all things Italian! She e-mailed me the most wonderful recipes from her Italian cooking class and I am making Fresh Homemade Tagliolini all'Amatriciana (Fresh Homemade Pasta with Bacon Sauce). I am sure she will post and make it when she returns. (I am not making homemade pasta though, just the sauce.)

Recipe: Arugula Salad With Shaved Parmesan And Toasted Pine Nuts In A Lemon Vinaigrette
TRY THIS RECIPE! Even if you don't like the sound of it, DO IT! I have never served it to anyone who did not LOVE it! How is that for a shameless endorsement! I just don't want you to miss this one!
1 bag of FREST baby arugula
1/4 cup shaved good parmesan
3-4 TBS toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup good olive oil
juice of 1 juicy lemon
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
good dash of kosher salt

Put the bagged arugula in a large salad bowl.

In a small jar add oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Put lid on jar and shake to emulsify. Pour just enough dressing over arugula to coat. Refrigerate the rest.

Add parmesan and pine nuts. Mix. Serve immediately!
Printable Recipe

Thursday: Apples Of Gold Brunch
Hard Boiled Casserole
Ham And Spinach Quiche
Blueberry Bread Pudding
Fruit and Skewers With Vanilla Fluff
Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Friday: Slow Cooker Day
Red Wine Short Ribs
Mashed Potatoes
Spinach

Recipe: Red Wine Short Ribs
1 cup dry red wine
2/3 cups ketchup
3 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 TBS dark brown sugar
1 large onion, chopped
pepper
4 lbs short ribs

Combine wine, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, onions and pepper in the slow cooker. Add short rib and make sure the ribs are totally submerged to coat. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until very tender.
Printable Recipe

Saturday: Grill Day
StoneGable Hamburgers
Fixins'
StoneGable Baked Beans


Recipe: StoneGable Hamburgers
I LOVE these hamburgers! They are just fabulous!!!!
1 lb 85% ground beef (no lower fat content)
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
3 TBS water
3 TBS Worcestershire Sauce (or more... we like lots!)
Freshly ground pepper
Pinch of salt

Put ground beef in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and GENTLY mix. Do not smoosh or your hamburger will be tough. GENTLY form into hamburgers. We love large hamburgers so I usually double the recipe. Grill until done to your liking. DO NOT press hamburger down with spatula! We want all those wonderful juices to stay IN the hamburger. So yummy!
Printable Recipe

Recipe: StoneGable Baked Beans
This recipe is not rocket science. I never measure, I just DO! So follow my lead and dump, squirt and pour!
2-4 large cans of great northern beans or butter beans or both ( I also use cans of regular baked beans, too)
1 large onion, finely chopped
8 (or more) slices of bacon, cut into chunks
a big squirt of ketchup ~ about 2/3 cup cup
a smaller squirt of Dijon mustard~ about 2 TBS
a big dollop of dark molasses~ about 4 TBS or more
a clump of brown sugar! about 1/4 or more
a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce~ about  2 TBS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Put all the ingredients into a large bowl. Add to a baking dish and cook for 1 hour, until bubbly.
OR Put everything in the slow cooker and cook on low about 6 hours. Delicious!
Printable Recipe

Sunday
Southwest B-B-Q Chicken Salad

Recipe: Southwest B-B-Q Chicken Salad
Using BBQ Chicken puts this recipe over-the-top! Visit Emily at FRILLY DETAILS for this yummy recipe.

Other Goodies This Week:
Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake
Recipe for Foodie Friday

Cabbage Soup
To freeze for extra easy dinners

Roasted Vegetables
To clean out my refrigerator.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top