The cooler Autumn weather has finally arrived at StoneGable... and my menu this week reflects the change. I LOVE Fall!!!! It is my very favorite time of the year. Maybe because my area does Fall so well... lot's of changing colors and landscapes! Lots of great harvest bounty too! My slice of the country dresses up for Autumn! Such natural finery! Fields of pumpkins and brown rustling corn stalks and rolling countryside dotted with hay bales bid everyone to embrace Fall... for the heart of Fall lives in Lancaster County! This IS the best time to see my community.

So while there is a nip in the air I am soaking in everything wonderful about this season! Planting mums, making new wreaths for StoneGable, setting out pumpkins, cooking hearty meals... being a part of the love affair with Fall!  

Keep checking back as I post Autumn celebrations at StoneGable! I hope you celebrate too...

Now here's what's ON THE MENU...


MONDAY
Nani's Cabbage Soup
Chewy Rye Bread


Recipe: Nani's Cabbage Soup
This is a wonderful, NOT Weight Watcher's soup! Hearty and full of meat,Cabbage soup makes a hearty and economical meal. This recipe makes a HUGE pot! It freezes well, so I am pulling a container out of the freezer... easy dinner! Click HERE for this great seasonal soup.

TUESDAY
Roasted Vegetable Strudel
Garlic Roasted Pork Loin



Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Strudel
My friend Mona from Providence Ltd, has the most gorgeous blog!!!! I go over and am overwhelmed with everything lovely! This is a blog to follow! She posted this wonderful Strudel from a new-to-me blog called Proud Italian Cook. What a treat! Just look at the photography!!! And this beautiful Roasted Vegetable Strudel is just an example what you are in store for when you visit Proud Italian Cook! To get this delicious recipe, click HERE and visit Mona, click HERE.

WEDNESDAY
Pasta Carbonara
Ceasar Salad

Recipe: Pasta Carbonara
This recipe is pasta love at first sight! Easy and incredibly scrumptious! The eggs in this dish give it a creamy feel and taste without using heavy cream.  I could eat the whole thing, but I'll try to show some restraint. This is a great "what do I cook for dinner" recipe, as most of us have the ingredients on hand (or should). Great leftover too!
1 box spaghetti, cooked according to directions, drained reserving 1/2-1 cup pasta water
2 TBS good olive oil
4 ounces pancetta or  bacon, cut into small chunks
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
2 large eggs
1 cup Parmesan, grated
pepper
handful of fresh parsley, chopped

While the spaghetti is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta (my vote) or bacon. Cook until crisp. Add garlic and  cook for 1 minute. Add drained pasta to the pan and stir to mix, about 2 minutes while still on the heat. Remove from heat.

Beat eggs in a bowl and add Parmesan cheese. Beat to incorporate. Add egg mixture to the spaghetti and vigorously mix to gently cook the egg mixture without scrambling the eggs. Add hot past water until the consistency is creamy. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.

Printable Recipe


THURSDAY
Potato, Walla Walla Onion And Gruyere Galette
Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Pine Nuts With a Lemon Vinaigrette


Recipe: Potato, Walla Walla Onion And Gruyere Galette
Are you drooling yet? I sure am! I found this beautiful recipe on Pinterest (wrong credit given on pinterest~ but with the help of a dear friend, found the rightful owner of the image) and knew I was going to make it.  I am so excited to try this great dish!!!!!  My friend Cathy from Wives With Knives made this wonderful tart and took this mouth watering image. It is her gorgeous image that has me drooling! To get her recipe and see more pictures, click HERE.  This is a blog you will want to follow! Such consistently fabulous recipes and gorgeous food photography!

Recipe: Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Pine Nuts With A Lemon Vinaigrette
When I want a fresh and yummy salad, this is the recipe I turn to! It is FABULOUS!
1 bag of FREST baby arugula
1/4 cup shaved good parmesan
3-4 TBS toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup good olive oil
juice of 1 juicy lemon
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
good dash of kosher salt

Put the bagged arugula in a large salad bowl.

In a small jar add oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Put lid on jar and shake to emulsify. Pour just enough dressing over arugula to coat. Refrigerate the rest.

Add parmesan and pine nuts. Mix. Serve immediately!

FRIDAY~ Family Dinner
Eye Roast With Pan Gravy
German Spaetzle
Roasted Carrots



Recipe: German Spaetzle
I have always wanted to makes these yummy little fresh noodle dumplings, and when Rita, from Rita's Recipes, posted a great tutorial for this fun German pasta I knew it would be ON THE MENU. I am such a regular on Rita's great blog. So much culinary inspiration and a very sweet blogger! For this great tutorial, click HERE.

Recipe: Roasted Carrots
This is the 3rd week that roasted carrots have been ON THE MENU.  I just love their sweet concentrated flavor! These are a must try!!!!
1 bag of baby carrots
drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put carrots onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the carrots are slightly browned, deflated and soft. YUMMY!

Printable Recipe

SATURDAY
Lyon Style Chicken With Vinegar Sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Sauteed Spinach In Garlic Oil

Recipe: Lyon Style Chicken With Vinegar Sauce
This is a beautiful recipe filled with the most succulent flavors and so company worthy! Coming from Our Southern Table, a new blog to me, this recipe will please everyone at my table!!!! Please go Our Southern Table for this dressy classy recipe by clicking HERE.

SUNDAY~ Slow Cooker Soup Day
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
Crusty Homemade Bread


Recipe: Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
Talk about luscious and  a no-brainer! This soup is a no fuss meal. I put everything in the slow cooker before church and finish it when I get home... so nice when you have company over after church!!!! To get this recipe and see one of my very first posts, click HERE.


OTHER TREATS ON THE MENU...


Oatmeal Pies

Cats and Casseroles




I am joining...
~Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie

What's On YOUR menu...

I can't wait to see all of your delicious dishes. Thank you for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY! 

~Please link your post using your permalink.
~Make sure you have a link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY on your post.
~ Please visit at least 2 other OTMM participants.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top