I had lunch at my dear friend Fran's last week and she served a FABULOUS Gazpacho! I forgot how scrumptious Gazpacho could taste!  Fresh and served icy cold... perfect for hot days! 

She generously gave me her recipe...and I ran right home and made a double batch... tweaking it a little!

Now is the perfect time to make this garden soup... when veggies are in season and fresh picked...





Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off~ everything is rough cut and it all goes into the food processor! Easy-peasy and delicious!





STONEGABLE GARDEN GAZPACHO
2 1/2 cups tomato juice (V8 or Spicy V8)
1 cup garden tomatoes
1/2 cups celery, rough chopped
1/2 cups cucumbers, rough chopped
1/2 cups green bell peppers, rough chopped
2 green onions, white and some green parts, rough chopped  (optional)
3 TBS white wine vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
a couple drops of hot sauce (optional)
1-2 cloves garlic
1 TBS fresh parsley
3 TBS fresh basil
Juice of 1 lemon (I use more)
dash of salt 
1/2 tsp pepper
lemon wedges
sour cream

Put everything in a food processor and pulse until the veggies are very finely chopped. I like my gazpacho sorta smooth and not too chunky. Process to your liking.

Serve with a big squeeze of lemon and a dollop of sour cream!

I double this reicpe because it goes so fast!

While I have so many plump tomatoes and green peppers in my garden I am making several batches and freezing them!


Blogging Background Moment~ Gazpacho was the hardest thing to photograph! I must have taken 100 pictures! Lots of issues... not a lot going on in the bowl, too shiny,  the sour cream keep leaking into the gazpacho and turning orange, hard to focus... I went online to look at other gazpacho photographs for a little inspiration... and they all look about the same!!! I guess gazpacho is much better eaten than photographed!

Pin It

FOODIE FRIDAY at Rattlebridge Farm
SEASONAL SUNDAYS at The Tablescaper



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top