Christmas Tablescape:



Festive and fun, this tablescape is relaxed and decked out in tradional colors!  I have posted two very formal Christmas tables so I wanted to create a happy casual table in my kitchen.







There were two inspirations  for this table. One... the little quilt patterned tree dishes. Alternating colors, they are bright plates to serve an appetizer or a sweet ending dessert! And every Christmas tree needs...


















ORNAMENTS!!!  The other inspiration are these big lit ornament balls that I used in a centerpiece.  I found them at the "Old Millhouse Shoppe" one of my favorite local shops. ( Look for a field trip in January) The ornaments are on long stakes, meant to be used outdoors to line walkways,etc. But I saw them and just knew that I wanted to use them in this tablescape!













A comfortable cotton-weave red tablecloth with white detail sets the groundwork for a Christmas color scheme. I wanted the detail to compliment the "feel"  of the quilted tree dishes.  The detail reminds me of stitching and handwork. (Marshall's)









Matching napkins rest casually next to the forks. (Marshall's)




Red, updated green and white striped placemats continue not only the color scheme and the casual feel. These placemats were a bargain. They are reversible. A bright cherry red on the other side, screams to be a part of a Valentine or Patriotic theme! (Marshall's)




I found red forks and knives at HomeGoods... very reasonable.  I used them on my Thanksgiving dessert buffet, and at my cookie exchange. I love them!




The anchor of each placesetting are large red square plates. On top of them are matching red smaller plates. They are really not noticable, but act to elevate my favorite white berry edged plate. And of course they are topped off with quilt print tree plates.














I encircled the white plate with greens by tucking little bits of faux greens between the two red plates.  I added a string of 15 bulb mini lights (battery opperated) and small glass balls.  My oringinal idea was to light up each placesetting, but two of the strings of lights did not work! UGH! I got these lights about a month ago, not close to home so I could not run out and return them.  I lit the placesetting at the heads of the table.  When I return them, I will light all the placesettings. Very impractical, but pretty and fun!











Continuing the ornament theme, I filled two cloches with red, green, white and metalic balls in different sizes and patterns. I'm sure you recognize these cloches, they are the only ones I have and I use them so often!












Looking like giant Christmas balls, these green oil candles are a fun surprise! Sitting next to them are a red and green ball tea light holders. 





Greens from my yard arranged in a deep red ginger jar become the centerpiece for this table.  The lit ornament inspiration pieces are tucked in the arrangement, as are other Christmas balls and pinecones. These ornaments do have a plug, so I ran it down the back of the ginger jar and under a placemat.  If I were using this tablescape ( I will at a later time) I would make a large button whole in the tablecloth and tape the cord to the table under the tablecloth.

I am just crazy about these brilliant big and fun ( keep saying fun... I guess that is a reoccurring theme!) Christmas balls. I will move them to my family room and put them on an end table.












To complete and continue the theme, I tossed ornaments around the table for added color.







Cozy and inviting and full of Christams Spirit was the look I was trying to achieve. I want my friends settling in for a comfort food meal, beautiful Christmas music and lots of laughter.












Merry, Merry Chirstmas!

I am joining Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Thanks for being a wonderul host, Susan. Please go see all the inspiring Tablescapes and creative ideas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top