Paper Flower Tree, Winterthur




Tucked in an alcove at Winterthur is a beautiful tree, trimmed with peony flowers both silk and paper. What a perfect surprise!

This lovely tree overlooks a peony garden, which became the inspiration to decorate it.

What I found so facinating was that the stunning peonies were crafted in paper by some of the talented people at Winterthur. They did a masterful job!




Notice the little, delicate Christmas balls and pinecones. These elements were repeated throughout the
tree.








There are also little dragonflies flitting about the tree in different styles.







I gained such an appreciation for non traditional Christmas trees when I visited Winterthur.  This was a sweet and  whimsically natural tree.  I loved the use of tiny balls with the big flowers.  Little things fill the spaces between the more dramatic elements.  And the theme was expanded in the use of dragonflies,another natural, interperted in a fun way.

The wall at the base gives a nod to the outside walls around the garden.




I have several more beautiful trees to highlight, and I will also post my tree. Check back to see more breathtaking Christmas trees and decoration at Winterthur!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top