HI Y'ALL!  FROM THE LADY AND SONS:


It's only been a little over a week ago that I was in my self appointed adopted second home~ Savannah. Oh, how I love this beautiful city! I always say it is like finding the Mothership! I just love the style, hospitality, decor, history, the dialect  and the fabulous people. They are MY people.  And at this time of year Savannah is decked out in it's floral finery. I could gush on and on, but that is for another time.

One of Savannah's transplanted treasures is Paula Deen. Each year I take the Paula Deen Tour by Old Savannah Tours. Elizabeth has been our absolutely delightful and wonderful tour guide. She is just adorable and knowledgeable about all things Paula.

Paula has lead a colorful, hard and yet successful life. And she has done it with laughter, grit and grace!

She is what you see on TV... what you see is what you get.  She loves her family and loves to cook. Never one to shy away from butter, she slathers it over everything, just like the love for people she generously  spreads around.


While in Savannah we ate at both Uncle Bubba's Oyster House and The Lady and Sons.

Uncle Bubba's sits on the coastal marshes right outside the city of Savannah.  And as you can see it is a rustic and comfortable establishment.



The Lady and Sons is a cozy unpretentious eatery with just the absolute best southern food! Our fun group of five ate a fabulous buffet lunch...but not before we went on a shopping spree at Paula's store next door!



The store, connected to her restaurant, is a delight and packed full of everything a fan or cook would want or need.



Notice the wrought iron - it is a frying pan design! So clever!



Just through this door to a mecca of merchandise.





















































After we helped the economy of Savannah we had a wonderful lunch. We all decided to eat from the buffet. The atmosphere was very homey and quaint. As they say in Savannah, "You can't eat atmosphere".








The fried chicken (and collard greens, sweet tea, biscuits...) was the best chicken I have ever eaten. Three pieces later, I was so full but still had to restrain myself from getting a wing! Thank goodness we walked everywhere for the five days we were there.

I have not made this juicy succulent chicken yet, but it is on the menu for next week. I thought you might like the recipe too!

This recipe is from the food network, and appears in Paula's cookbooks.



Click HERE for Paula's 5 star FRIED CHICKEN recipe.


Best Dishes from my kitchen to yours!


I am participating in Foodie Friday hosted by Michael Lee at Designs By Gollum. This is the weeks premiere blogging cookbook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top