A Red and White Tablescape:


Company is coming and I wanted to set a comfortable table that would enhance conversation and good food. This red and white table is not at all what I had in mind. I originally wanted to use blue and white plates with some citron green accents. So what happened? KMart, that's what!  On a recent trip to fill a RX and get hair spray and lip gloss I could not keep my cart from veering to the kitchen isle.

Then I spotted this lovely tablcloth! And it literally jumped into my cart!  Well, one thing lead to another and by the time I could drag myself away from that tempting isle, I had some beautiful things in my cart.






The pretty red and white floral tablecloth is from KMart's Country Living collection. I was surprised how nice the quality is for a very reasonable price.









A small and sweet ruffle edges the tablecloth in a complimentary fabric. This gives the table a relaxed, country look.




Matching napkins are gathered up in a creamy white distressed cutwork napkin ring. (Country Living, Kmart). I tucked another white battenburg edged napkin in with the red and white beauty to give extra interest.





The placemats, my favorites for years, are a nice coordinate.





The dishes reflect the colors of the table- red and white. Just two plates, but each one makes a big statement.

White leaf and berry plates (HomeGoods) and these beautifully embossed red dessert plates (Jaclyn Smith, Kmart) boldly anchor each place setting. The red plates were very reasonable and are a lovely quality. The textural design on these lovely dishes give each placesetting a big punch of style!







Red butter knives rest on a white bread plate. A small red fork sits at the top of the place setting waiting  be used for dessert (HomeGoods).








Red stemmed glassware (Charter House, Williamsburg) are in keeping with the color scheme.





More red-  the mugs (Jaclyn Smith Collection, Kmart) match the salad plates. These mugs have a subtle raised diamond checked pattern. Like the salad plates the quality of these mugs are wonderful and the price  modest.





The white bisque rooster is the center of attention of this table. He has been scratching around my kitchen for 20 years! He doesn't look so bad for being an old bird (not KMart-sorry)!






Small creamer glasses make perfect vases for little individual arrangements at each place setting. Red and creamy white sweetheart roses combined with "fluff" welcome each guest. The flowers, bought at the grocery store for under $10.00, are a frugal lovely touch that tells each guest they are special.  At the end of the night everyone gets to take home their little arangement. 






 

It is such a joy to be able to send my guest home with a little token of their evening at StoneGable. This is something I do often.




Etched red candles are perch on tall white distressed wooden canldesticks (KMart).



The Menu:
Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan Cheese, Pine Nuts and Lemon Vinaigrette
Oven Fried Chicken Parmesan, from Nancy's Daily Dish. Click HERE for recipe
Sauteed Rice Pilaf
Roasted Aspargus
Crusty Bread/ Herbed Butter
Strawberry Shortcake






It was so much fun to let this table evolve! Especially because I am so fond of  red and white tables!

My dear friend, The Tablescaper is having a wonderful giveaway! Click HERE to vist her beautiful blog and enter to win her giveaway!

I am participating in Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Thanks Susan! This is the 86th Weekly Tablescape Extravaganza! Please go over and see all the beautiful and creative tables!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top