The house was full of family and birthday fun this past weekend! It is hard to get back to normal and have StoneGable be quiet again. But the soft warm memories of fun and laughter will fill that void for a little while.


Each day this week I am making recipes from other blogs and places on the Internet. I consistently find great recipes and delicious dishes that I just must try!

I usually try one or two things from the Internet each week. I love perusing all the great sites, learning about food and preparation techniques. The food photography is so exceptional! I consider the Internet my own personal recipe box!

Please join me and try some of these distinctive recipes that have caught my eye this week.

Monday
Coffee Infused Short Ribs
Cheesy Polenta
Sauteed Spinach in Garlic Oil

Recipe: Coffee Infused Short Ribs
My wonderful dear friend and cook extraordinaire, Mrs. P at Faithfulness Farm, posted these fabulous short ribs and I knew they would have to show up on my menu!!!!! ?S\hort ribs are such a fall/winter comfort food! And these sound just divine! Click here for this lick-your-plate recipe!!!

Tuesday
Fresh Tomatoes
Salmon Pinwheels
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Kale Chips

Recipe: Kale Chips
Doesn't this sound divine? A crunchy side dish of yummy greens? Find this delicious recipe at From A Writer's Kitchen. This is a culinary delight of a blog! If you like to cook, you will LOVE this site.


Wednesday: Soup Day I
Cheddar Corn Chowder
Bacon and Herb Beer Bread

Recipe: Cheddar Corn Chowder
Kendra, at Haden News made this wonderful soup from Ina Garten. We are huge soup lovers here and this will be delicious on a fall evening. Kendra's blog is delightful... just like her

Thursday
StoneGable Penne With Five Cheeses
Ceaser Salad

Recipe: StoneGable Penne With Five Cheeses
I use Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa's recipe and tweak it a bit! I think she makes consistently fabulous food! So I use this yummy recipe as a base and add 1/2 cup homemade pesto and cooked diced chicken (here's where a rotisserie chicken comes in handy!) to the recipe. And the Penne is served in individual portions! I have a thing for individual servings!

Recipe: Ceaser Salad
This is a StoneGable staple! Please make your own dressing... it is sooooo much better!!!!Ceaser Salad (look on Tuesday's menu) is an every week event! I make the dressing in bulk and freeze it in ice cube trays, pop the frozen dressing out and keep it in a large plastic container in my freezer. Then when I want a salad I just take out a couple of cubes, defrost them and dress a romaine salad sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

Friday: Soup Day II
Butternut Squash Soup With Herb Croutons

Recipe: Butternut Squash Soup
Autumn and a bowl! This is the best sounding soup from my very dear cooking friend at Butter Yum! This is a wonderful way to have a bowl full of good-for-you! If you have not been to Butter Yum, please go. It is one of the best on the Internet! Butter Yum is a delight for the eyes.. as well as the tummy!

Saturday: Family Dinner
Salmon And Leek Pie
Baby Greens, Pears, Bleu and Candied Pecans With Poppyseed Dressing

Recipe: Salmon And Leek Pie
This is a dinner right after my own heart! It sounds like the ultimate lick-you-plate dinner! And Patti at Bramasole, Yearn For The Sun is a dynamo! She and her teenage daughter, Alli (SO adorable!) write this blog together. I feel like a member of the family when I visit!

Sunday: Company's Coming
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Apple, Beet and Carrot Salad

Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Doesn't that sound fabulous! And wait till you see the pictures... this casserole is in a bread bowl! Carb heaven!!!! Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole come to you from Kendra at Haden News. She also provided Wednesday's dinner.  This is going to be a keeper!

Thanks to all the wonderful cooks whose recipes I use each week to bring new and mouthwatering food to my table! Cooking is never boring because I have the BEST recipes from the most warm and yummy blogs!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top