Welcome to

THE SCOOP #96

This week is a fun and busy week...


Wednesday I'm participating in the

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER CHRISTMAS EDITION...




Me and 5 other fabulous and creative bloggers will be sharing ways to create, decorate, and  work some Christmas magic... at the last minute! So if you need a little Christmas inspiration you will want to stop by!

Thursday I am part of a Christmas Farmhouse Tour... I've been waiting to share all the Holiday decor in my Farmhouse kitchen!  If you like "farmhouse" you will love this tour of Christmas farmhouses!





Then on Friday, I'll be sharing my very favorite Christmas cookie as part of

CHRISTMAS COOKIE EXCHANGE


The Everyday Home's 1st Annual "Virtual" Christmas Cookie Exchange



Please visit the following blogs to see what cookies they have brought to the Christmas Cookie Exchange...

SnowflakeBar

Monday, Dec. 9th
SnowflakeBar

SnowflakeBar
Tuesday, Dec. 10th
SnowflakeBar


SnowflakeBar
Wednesday, Dec. 11th
SnowflakeBar
Thursday, Dec. 12th
SnowflakeBar
Friday, Dec. 13th


Welcome back to The Scoop

The weekly linky party featuring the scoop on the
best posts from around the web!

The Scoop
More exposure + less time = win win!

------> (INSERT NEW SCOOP PICTURE HERE) <--------
 We are 
and Barb from The Everyday Home 
Yvonne from Stone Gable ...
and new to the group... Suzy from Worthing Court


  Our Host this Week is Barb with The Everyday Home


557993_10152560799945288_827018124_n


  Hi Everyone!  I actually have TWO very special people to introduce you to this week. But first - did you get a chance to visit 


  The Everyday Home 2013 Christmas Tour?


Christmas-Tour-pin


Our home is decked out and I would love it if you would come to visit me.


Christmas-DR-mantel-2



  Mr. Buck would be ever so grateful, too...


Christmas-FR-Roosmile


   ...we promise it will make you smile. Laughing



SnowflakeBar

The first person I would like to introduce you to
is Suzy with Worthing Court.
I am so happy that Suzy is the newest member of
The Scoop.  So I am going to let her tell you
a little bit about herself...

Hi everyone!  I'm Suzy from Worthing Court.
I'm over the moon excited to be added as the newest
co-host at The Scoop!



Suzy picture



This is such a wonderful group of ladies who host The Scoop
every week.  I'm humbled to be joining them.
I've been blogging at Worthing Court for about 2 1/2 years.  

When I started this venture it was purely meant as a creative
outlet for me and a way to share my passion for all things home
decor.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine what it would
morph into!  The creative sharing is totally fun, but nothing
compares to the people that I've met and the friendships that
have developed along the way.

I don't have a bottomless pocketbook - I guess not many
of us do - so you'll often find me blogging about thrifty
decorating projects and reusing items that I already own.

 Like one of my guestrooms that I've been working on.  
I was in need of a size-specific thrifty nightstand and came
up with the idea of using a laundry hamper turned upside-down.
 It works great!  Ceiling medallions with round mirrors attached
and spray painted frames and mats (that I already had) work
great for inexpensive artwork.



Worthing Court: Guest bedroom with calendar art, upside-down wicker hamper nightstand and calendar art



I'm a huge believer in "paying in forward", so I love it when
I can help others with their own Design Dilemmas.   Right
now, my step-by-step professional designer secrets for decorating
a Christmas tree is extremely popular.  Their tips and directions
apply to any tree - no matter the style of your decor.


Worthing Court: Designer Secrets - step-by-step directions for how to decorate a Christmas tree



Along the lines of using what I have, I recently completed
the re-do of my basement family room.  I had to deal with wall
color that I don't like and furniture that I don't care for.  Check
out all of the diy projects involved, the before and afters and my
tricks for keeping the eye from focusing on the furniture too much.


Worthing Court: Basement family room


Every now and then, I'll share a Recipe too.  I know what it's
like to be a working mom, so I'm all about easy, fast and
tasty when it comes to recipes!


Worthing Court: recipe collage


 We have a teeny-tiny condo located on the oceanfront in
North Carolina that I like to share projects from too.  Take a
that my hubby completed a few months ago.


Worthing Court: DIY Bookcases from kitchen cabinets


This is just the tip of the iceberg.  I have lots to share and I love
learning from you too!
Please join me at Worthing Court.  
I look forward to meeting you!

Worthing Court blog: Create, fabricate and decorate on a budget


SnowflakeBar
Thanks Suzy and welcome to The Scoop!
The next person I would like to introduce is
our special Guest Host.
Please welcome Jennifer Carroll with
Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll.  


Jennifer Carroll, Editor of Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll



Hello friends both old and new! I’m delighted to be guest hosting “The Scoop” with you this week. For those of you who haven’t met me before, my name is Jennifer and I am the publisher of Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll, the magazine and blog. My magazine is published six times per year and is filled with food, decor and inspiration to help you celebrate, everyday!



November December 2013 issue of Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll



In the November/December issue we celebrate the holidays and all the joys they bring! Join us for a Hot Cocoa Porch Party...



Hot Cocoa Party Ideas from Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll November December 2013


  a Gingerbread Wonderland...



Winter Wonderland as seen in the Novmeber/December issue of Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll



  a Christmas Party Hop...



Christmas Party Hop as seen in the November/December issue of Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll



  Fun & festive DIY projects, beautiful homes, delicious recipes and much, much more!
Celebrating Everyday Life Magazine Gift Subscriptions



Oh and I have exciting news! We now offer six month and twelve month digital subscriptions! These make wonderful gifts this holiday season!! OK, let’s get down to The Scoop! I was asked to pick 5-6 favorites from the link party - sounds simple, right? Wrong. This was so, so difficult because there were so many amazing projects and I sincerely mean that. But since I had to pick, here are some links that I especially loved and hope you will too.



simple-holiday-entertaining-luxe-cheese-tray



First up, if you know me, you know I love entertaining and thought this Luxe Cheese Tray tutorial from Hello Little Home was perfect for this season of entertaining but also imaginative. Chocolate on a cheese tray? What a great idea! Plus, Kristen gave a lot of great details and tips on selecting and arranging too.



Tiramisu Cake from Twigg Studios



I am always awed and delighted with Amy from Twigg Studios' Creations and she has not disappointed me with this spectacular looking Tiramisu cake. Who wouldn’t want to run right up to that if you saw it at a holiday party? It’s almost too pretty to eat… but only almost! Grab a fork!



Jameson dresser makeover by Silver PenniesI love great DIY furniture makeovers and was so smitten with “Jameson” by Danielle at Silver Pennies. What a talent she has for creating that “crumbled/distressed to perfection” look that I adore! Makes me want to makeover another piece of furniture, right now! LampshadeTree



  This Lampshade Christmas Tree from Danielle at Blessed Serendipity totally surprised me with its adorableness! I haven’t always had an appreciation for vintage “kitschy” ornaments but in the last couple of years they've been growing on me and her unique tree with its masses of beaded baubles and cheerful colors just makes me smile. So sweet!




French Tin Tarts, Faded Charm Cottage



  I recently got a bunch of tiny vintage tart pans (although mine aren’t French!) so I was very inspired by Kathleen from Faded Charm’s French Tin Tarts ornament project. She has created such a serene setting, I want to just sit back, relax and soak in all the joie de Noel that is happening over there!



Tissue Paper Tree



  I am a big fan of easy projects that deliver a great look - the whole ‘luxe for less’ concept - and I have to say that this Tissue Paper Christmas Tree from Poppi Linn Studio fits this to a “T”. A simple project that looks like a million bucks. I can’t wait to try it! It doesn’t hurt that it does look similar to a bee skep and I have a growing collection of them… Now I can make my own variations! Love that!! Thank you all for allowing me to party with you this week. It’s been an honor and a pleasure! Happy Celebrating!  

SnowflakeBar
Thank you so much Jennifer.  We loved having you as
our Guest Host.
And...thank you for linking up, friends!
Please read the guidelines before participating:
  • Follow and/or subscribe to your host blog.
  • Be sure to include THE SCOOP button or text link to in your linked post...mandatory to be featured!
  • By linking up you are agreeing that the photos are yours or that you have permission to use them, that we may use those photos to feature your project on a blog post, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter with a link back to your blog, of course.
  • Please go to the source of a photo to pin it to Pinterest so that the originator of the post gets the credit.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top