Fall has come to my part of the country. I am thinking about pumpkins and falling leaves and crisp air. My taste buds are also in a fall mood. I am craving food that fills my kitchen with cozy aromas of cinnamon and vanilla and fills my mind with thoughts of comfort.

One of my favorite breakfast foods for this time of the year is Baked Oatmeal. It is warm and filling and just delicious. It can be made in so many variations- classic and plain or all dressed up with add-ins. Any way you make it you are in for a yummy treat.

Baked Oatmeal:
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2eggs
½ cup melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
*Optional Add-Ins: up to 1 ½ cups total
½-¾ cup walnuts or pecans
½-¾ cup dried cranberries, cherries, raisins or other dried fruit
½ cup chocolate chips, butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 with cooking spray.

In a large bowl mix together by hand oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.


Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in add-ins.






Bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm with milk, brown sugar or ice cream.
Especially good if shared!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top