SCENTsational Fall Décor:
I am joining Susan at betweennapsontheporch for Metamorphosis Monday. Thanks, Susan. Check out all the inspiring “before and afters”. My Metamorphosis is easy peasy!


I wanted to put something for fall on the family room coffee table … not too elaborate and something that would not take away from my fall mantle (see blog on 10-4 for mantle). Using a large pedestal from Pottery Barn, a muted leaf and acorn wreath, and a white candle I put together a very easy, no-fuss decoration. Although the elements were nice, it did not look finished. There was too much platform showing on the pedestal. I did not want to buy any other candles or more “fill” so I looked around the house for something interesting to cover the platform. I thought about using candy corn ( been there, done that), acorns and even pebbles. Then came across a bag of hazelnut coffee beans and voila!




I centered my candle, poured out the beans and evened them over the pedestal platform and fluffed the wreath over it. Simple but much more polished.



The BIG, UNEXPECTED benefit is that my family room smells great!!!!! The coffee beans give off a toasty, nutty, and of course coffee aroma. It has been 2 weeks and those little beans are still making olfactory magic. I’ve had a lot of company recently and everyone comments on how great that room smells.






Who’d of thought? Fall décor with added benefits!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top