Weekly Menu:
Before I talk weekly menu I want to tell you about a fabulous and FUN party being planned! My friend Catherine at The Shiny Pebble is having a "PARTY"  party! This  fashionable soiree  will begin on  Wednesday June 16th. It is to celebrate the finale of the Interior Design Challenge. The fun starts at 12:01 (Central Time) sharp!
All are welcome! You are to post about anything party. What you would wear, what you would eat or drink, or anything party related!
Catherine, our hostess extraordinare, will explain it all. Go visit her and get in the know about this very interesting, upscale and brilliant party.  Click HERE to get all the info.

Now I know for a fact that fasionista and spectacular friend Splenderosa will be there along with a FABULOUS story about Mom-Mom Chanterel and Chelsea~ these wonderfully eccentric (and fictional) characters. It is worth participating just to read the story!!!!! Click HERE to visit Splenderosa and see her delicious take on the fun!

Please join in! It should be the fashion event of the blogging year... and you won't believe what I am wearing!

Now to something much less spectacular, but very yummy...

The Menu:

This week I must tend to my house. It is VERY angry at me! Every room has a problem!  
My laundry room is sick... it keep throwing up the clothes I have not folded and put away all week. I hate clothes vomit! 
 My kitchen has a mental disorder... multiple personalities. It  thinks it's my office, and is trying to come up with a new filing system for all the bills, papers, magazines, instructions, gift wrap, books and all the what-not notes lying all over my island!
My bedroom is totally fed up and running away from home. It is packing the suitcase that has been lying on the floor half unpacked since my last overnight away. And it is trying to use the unmade bedsheets as a ladder to escape out of the second story window!

 My bathroom has given in to being the most juvenile of delinquents! There is no more toilet paper in it and the kleenex is running low. It has been out late each night toilet papering the neighborhood trees! 

My most trusted confidant, the office, has a huge eating disorder. I can see the tell-tale signs... crumbs on the desk, popcorn kernels on the floor and a two weight watcher fudge bar boxes in the trash can.

Thank goodness my living room and dinning room seem to be holding it together. But things could get ugly very soon. They have created an alliance and are threatning to kidnap the front stairs in an act of defiance if things don't change. I heard them whispering about writing the ransom note in the dust on the dinning room table!

And you thought you had housekeeping problems!
So this week I am signing a peace accord with my house! I promised it that I would spend 6 hours a day- a part time job of a day- nursing it back to physical and mental  health! And that within 10 days (not counting the days I am away... sorry house!) it would be organized, clean and calm.
My house agreed to this arangement but is skeptical. For it's part in this peace accord it will continue give sanctuary and love to all who enter... and it will forgive me! No wonder I love my house.
Now I hear rumors of the garage staging a lock-out in protest. Both of the garage doors don't seem to be opening!

Monday:
Pan Fried Boneless Pork Chops with White Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Broccoli with Grated Cheddar Cheese

Recipe: Northern Girl With A Southern Daddy's Pan Fried Bonless Pork Chops With White Gravy
4 boneless pork chops
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
2 TBS olive oil

1TBS butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk

Beat eggs in wide shallow bowl. Mix 1/2 cup flour, breadcrumbs, paprika, a little salt and pepper inn a wide shallow bowl. Dip pork chops, one at a time, in egg and dredge in flour mixture.

Heat oil in large pan over medium high heat.  Put pork chops in pan and pan fry until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Turn over and cook on other side until done through, about 5-6 minutes more. Remove pork chops to platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.

Add butter to pan and melt. Add flour to pan and cook for 3 minutes. Stir so it does not stick or burn. Add milk and stir up all the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Simmer until thick gravy.  Plate each pork chop and pour white gravy over it. Very Yummy!

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Day
Beef Barbeque on Buns
Oven fries
Homemade Coslaw

Recipe Beef Barbeque:
I posted this recipe and got so much positive feedback. I hope you will try this delicious, souppy, tasty barbeque! Click HERE and look for Monday's menu. You will find it there.

Wednesday:
Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
Ceaser Salad

Recipe: Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
I love italian food! I am using my tried and true recipe, but using turkey instead of other meats to make the meatballs. Click HERE and look for it on Monday's menu.

Thursday:
StoneGable Crab Cakes (Do over from last week~ we went out)
Sauteed Rice
Roasted Carrot Sticks

Recipe: StoneGable Crab Cakes
If you make these please use lump crabmeat. It makes all the difference. I know it is expensive, so wait and get it on sale. These are one of my most requested dishes. Click HERE and look for Monday's Menu.

Friday ~ Monday
Bobby and Scamp home!Out of Town...AGAIN!
Bobby there is food in the freezer... no takeout!

Have a wonderful week! Please be thinking of me as I strive to be back on civil terms with my house!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top