Rooster Day Tablescape


The roosters have come out and are roosting on my kitchen table today. I am participating in Show Your Rooster Blog Party, Part 2. Hosted by Barb at Bella Vista. There has been a lot of clucking about this fun event. And never one to miss out on the fun, I am postponing my Peach and Peach Lusterware table until next week.

But here is a little preview of next weeks tablescape...



But that's next week. Today's all about being inspired by roosters.  I picked up these pretty dishes at HomeGoods recently and knew that I would add some green to them for a pop of color! Actually all the dishes today are from HomeGoods.





Layers of plates in green, white and black are stacked for interest. A black and white rooster plate tops them off.







My friend Eileen let me borrow these flirty black straw placemats. I think they work so well with this french country theme! Thanks, Eileen!





The tablecloth, another HomeGood purchase, is so versatile! Many shades of green working together. The ability of most greens to play together nicely is a very appealing trait, and a trait I take advantage of often.





Pewter farm animal napkin rings bring a delightful touch of sweetness to this table. Given to me as a gift decades ago, they are such a sentimental StoneGable favorite! These little hens were not going to let that old rooster steal the show!



Double napkins are just a thing we do here. Green napkins paired with black and white napkins echo the colors of the dishes!




Dark grey marbleized flatware with pretty details add a nice sophistication to each place setting.





A big white bisque rooster shares the center of the table with a vase of lime green hydrangeas.





This is an encore appearance for Mr Rooster! He has been the center of table attention before.



These stunning hydrangeas are from my front garden! They were white all summer and recently turned this gorgeous  lime green. I am going to dry them and use them in big earthenware pots.







I set up a little dessert vignette on a side table in my kitchen.




Bowls for dessert and mugs for coffee...






And dessert napkins in a little drawer.




The Menu
Caprese Salad
Salmon En Croute With Cucumber Sauce
Roasted Red Potatoes With Onions
Green Beans Sauteed In Garlic Oil
Grilled Peaches With Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream And Carmel Sauce (Topped With Granola)





I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch. Thanks you Susan for hosting the 102nd Tablescape Thursday!







 
I am participating in Centerpiece Wednesday at Style Sisters. What a wonderul blog! If you have never visited you are in for a delightful treat. If you are a visitor, well... then you know!

1 comments:

 
Top