Menu Plan


August? Iit is ALREADY August? Where, oh where, did this summer get to? My garden tells me it is August. The zucchini's have totally exhausted themselves out from over a month of non stop growing. I think I have 5 more on the vine. But my tomatoes, peppers, patty pan squash, eggplants, basil and cucumbers are copious! My birdhouse gourds and pumpkins are growing like mad and I am looking for those little pumpkins to come out sometime very soon!

And because it is August I am planting leaf lettuce for a fall harvest. YUMMY!

This week at StoneGable we are having out of town family. I am so very excited! This should be a fun filled and memory making time!

If you try one thing on the menu it has to be the Grilled Vegetables. They are great right off the grill drizzled with a fabulous basil dressing. Or they can be added to pasta. And they make the basis for a delicious sandwich. I just can't get enough of them! And talk about healthy!!!! I hope you will make them, they are bound to be a real favorite!

Monday
Barbecued Honey Balsamic Chicken Breast with Peach Salsa
Grilled Vegetables


Recipe: Barbecued Honey Balsamic Chicken Breasts:
4 large chicken breasts
4 TBS honey
3 TBS balsamic vinegar
1/4 good olive oil
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix.  Put contents into a zip lock bag. Add chicken breasts.Marinade chicken for at least 3 hours.
Heat grill on medium high and grill chicken until done.

Recipe: Peach Salsa
The peaches in my area are delicious! So I am eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are one of my favorite fruits, and their season is so short lived! I found this appetizing recipe on line and am looking forward to making it. Click HERE to see this peachy delight!

StoneGable Grilled Veggies:
If you make one recipe from StoneGable this summer this is THE ONE! We LOVE grilled vegetables with this wonderful dressing. They are the most delicious yummy delights! When you make it let me know how you love it too!
Click HERE and look for them on Saturday's menu.

Tuesday
Eggplant Parmesan

Recipe: Eggplant Parmesan
My eggplants are riotous in the garden. I made eggplant Parmesan last week, and it was so good that I am having it again. Click HERE and look for it on Sunday's menu.

Wednesday
Salmon Cakes
Sauteed Rice
Roasted Broccoli

Recipe: Salmon Cakes
I have made Salmon Cakes for years. But mine were not nearly as good as Kendra's at Hayden News! So now I make hers, and they are fabulous. Click HERE for this wonderful recipe and blog! Thanks Kendra!

Wednesday
Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Sauteed Spinach in Garlic Oil

Recipe: StoneGable Chili
1 TBS olive oil
1 lb. 85% ground beef
1 lb 93% ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
1 large can stewed tomatoes, or large can of whole tomatoes (crush in your hand)
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bag of frozen corn
1/2 cup water
2 TBS chili powder
2-4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper

Heat oil in large skillet. Add ground beef and brown. Remove from pan. Set aside. Reserve juices and oil. Put onion and peppers in skillet and saute until onions are translucent about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Drain grease from pan. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook for 1 minute to develop flavor.
Add ground beef, beans, tomatoes, corn, catsup and water. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over split baked potato. Add grated cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.

Thursday: Slow Cooker Day
Slow Cooker Beef Barbecue In Whole Wheat Rolls
Oven Steak Fries
Chopped Salad

Recipe:StoneGable Slow Cooker Barbecued Beef for Sandwiches
Great barbecued beef starts with the right kind of beef. I have two slow cooker recipes for great BBQ. One uses a brisket and the other (actally 2) uses chuck roast. I think chuck roast holds it's flavor better when put in a slow cooker.
2 lbs chuck roast
1 large bottle good barbecue sauce
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 bottle beer
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix

Stir all ingredients except together except the chuck roast. Put chuck roast into slow cooker and pour liquid over roast. Cook on high for about 4 hours, or on low for 5-8 hours. Shred. Serve on buns.

Recipe 2 StoneGable Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef:
This recipe is another favorite! I got it from another blog, but forget where. If this is your recipe please let me know so I can give you credit. We love it here at StoneGable!!!!! The cola gives it a WONDERFUL taste!
Click HERE and look for it on Monday's menu.

Friday
Salmon Pinwheels
Halushki
Cucumber Salad

Recipe: Halushki
This is a nod to my Hungarian roots. I remember this as a child! Wonderful, filling and so flavorful! Don't pass this up!  This is not rocket science, so the cabbage to noodle ratio is up to you. If you have more or less of noodles or cabbage, it really doesn't matter

1 large head cabbage, thinly cut into 1/4-1/2 inch strips
1 large onion, chopped
2 TBS vegetable oil
1 large bag fine noodles, cooked and drained
2 TBS butter
salt and pepper
cottage cheese.

Heat  oil in skillet. Add thinly sliced cabbage and onion. Salt and pepper liberally.Saute until cooked through and slightly browned.
Add cooked noodles and continue to saute. You may need to add a little extra vegetable oil. Add butter and stir it through.

Plate haluski and add a generous dollop of cottage cheese. So yummy!

Saturday: Family Dinner
Hamburgers On The Grill With All The Fixins'
Corn On The Grill
Fresh Tomatoes
Pasta Salad
Baked Beans
Brownie Sundae
Lemon Cake

Recipe: StoneGable Pasta Salad
This is the one recipe that most friends request for picnics! I make it with tortellini or assorted pastas. For this picnic I will use a mix of bow tie pasta, rigatoni and elbows. Click HERE and find this recipe on Saturday's menu.

Recipe: Lemon Cake
I just found this wonderfully sounding cake recipe at Frog Hollow Farm. I can't wait to make it!!!
Click HERE for a fun visit to the farm!

Sunday
Chicken Tenders With Pesto And Fettuccine
Fresh Greens, Grilled Peaches, Pecans, Feta In A Lemon Poppyseed Dressing

Recipe; StoneGable Pesto
If your home is like StoneGable your basil is probably bursting, budding and ready to be harvested. Pesto is green gold! Intense and super flavor filled, it makes any ordinary dish, like grilled chicken tenders, company worthy!
StoneGable's pesto is classic and easy to make. It freezes well so you can have that summer basil taste all year! Click HERE and see one of my very first blog posts! I could actually sit down with a spoon and eat it right out of the food processor!



I am participating in Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top