Check off one VERY busy week... I'm happy to be normal busy this week.

Tomorrow I will be celebrating my 1 year bloggiversary~ Well, reallyyyyyy I'm going to celebrate all week! Blogging started out as a way to connect with my newly married daughter, imparting all things StoneGable and sharing motherly wisdom concerning hearth and home.

But StoneGable took on a life of it's own!!!!! It has become a big part of what I do, a creative outlet, a journal of daily living at StoneGable and hopefully a place of creativity and inspiration for my readers. Who knew I could write 264 posts in 1year. And if time and money (and cleaning, shopping, sleeping, showering...) were no object, I could have written everyday. I have so many ideas rolling around in my head! I look forward to sharing them all!!!!

I am blessed beyond words by all of the people I have met through blogging. And so humbled by all of your sincere kindness! Bloggers and those who follow blogs are darling people!

Come back on Tuesday, I am having a celebration GIVEAWAY. And later this week I will be announcing a new meme (party) hosted here at StoneGable. I'm very excited!


Now about the menu: I found some wonderful recipes from fellow bloggers to try this week. I'm always tickled to make recipes that friends rave about. All I can say is, this week is shaping up to be fun and yummy too!

Monday
Lemon Pepper, Parmesan Crusted Salmon
Baked Potatoes
Panzanella Salad

Recipe: Lemon Pepper, Parmesan Crusted Salmon
This delicious salmon recipe come to us by Kendra at Haden News. I just can't wait to try it! Salmon with a crispy crust. YUM!

Recipe: Panzanella Salad
Will the tomatoes never end? I have tons (well, maybe not TONS) of Roma, earlies, beefsteak, grape and orange tomatoes yet to harvest. Next weekend is "can the rest of the tomatoes" weekend. But in the meantime we will love this delicious, crunchy Panzanella Salad.

Tuesday
Grilled Chicken with Creamy Pesto Sauce
Angel Hair Pasta
Roasted Broccoli in Garlic Oil

Recipe: Creamy Pesto Sauce
I call pesto "green gold". I make homemade pesto and freeze it to use all winter long. Pesto is quite easy to make. I can't be without the sunny earthy taste of basil. Kristen, From My Tiny Kitchen has a super yummy recipe for a creamy pesto sauce so I knew that it would show up on my menu this week. Her blog is new to me, but I'm sure we will become fast blogging friends. Her recipes are great!

Wednesday
Pork Chops Stuffed With Smoked Gouda And Bacon
Sauteed Rice
Homemade Applesauce
Garden Tomatoes

Recipe: Pork Chops Stuffed With Smoked Gouda and Bacon
4 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
8 slices cooked bacon
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 center cut, bone-in pork chops
1TBS olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat grill to medium.
In a small bowl combine cheese, bacon, parsley, and a dash of pepper

Cup a pocket in the pork chop, slitting the meat to the bone, but  leaving the sides intact. Stuff with 1/4 cheese mixture and secure with a toothpick.

Brush meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Let rest for 10 minutes covered with tented foil.

Thursday Slow Cooker Day
Creamy Chicken Marsala
Fettuccine Noodles
Greek Salad

Recipe: Creamy Chicken Marsala
This wonderful slow cooker main dish comes to us from Crock Pot Recipe Exchange. I just found this tasty blog! I LOVE all things containing Marsala!!!!! And  Marsala in the slow cooker is just perfect in my book!

Friday: Company's Coming!
Pizza alla Campofranco
Grilled Vegetable Antipasta platter
Pear Galette

Recipe: Pizza alla Campofranco
The picture alone convinced me that I just had to make this torte-like pizza. It is gorgeous!!!! So I'm having some friends over to help us eat this beauty. It comes from one of the most busy, talented and diverse woman in bloggland, Pattie at Bramasole... Yearn For The Sun. It is worth the visit to see this gorgeous pizza creation!

Recipe: Balsamic Grilled Vegetable Antipasta Platter
I LOVE to put together this fabulous platter. Serve it as part of a meal or as an impressive appetiser. Make
StoneGable Balsamic Marinaded Grilled Vegetables (look on Saturday's menu). Add wonderful compliments such as marinaded artichoke hearts, salami, fresh mozzarella, greek olives, green olives, prosciutto, anchovy fillets, Armenian twisted cheese, figs, pears, and marcona almonds. Plate beautifully and garnish with rosemary, parsley and sage leaves.

Recipe: Pear Galette
Stop by StoneGable on Thursday night for the recipe, how-to's and photos. I'm posting this rustic dessert as part of Foodie Friday.

Saturday
Talipia Picatta
Roasted Root Vegetables
Apple Fennel Salad

Recipe: Apples and Fennel Salad
Doesn't that sound so wonderfully fabulous? Thanks to you Sue at Thoughts From Over The Rainbow for this taste of fall salad. Susan was one of my very first blogging friends and I just LOVE her! She is a true friend!

Sunday
Healthy Lentil Soup
Fresh Herb Dinner Rolls

Recipe: Healthy Lentil Soup
Doesn't this recipe just scream fall? Yummy and stick-to-your-ribs delicious!  I am making a double batch of Healthy Lentil Soup have for weekday lunches. Thanks to Savoring Time In The Kitchen, one of my go-to foodie blogs... and don't get me started on the beautiful images!

Recipe: Fresh Herb Dinner Rolls
OH MY CARB GOODNESS! I can't wait to make Fresh Herb Dinner Rolls. Mari at Once Upon A Plate is the most fabulous cook and such a great encouragement. And this is another blogger with an eye for art! Her photography is outrageous! The recipe makes 4 dozen rolls, so I'll be freezing them for lunches and dinner for quite awhile. They would also make a beautiful gift... a dozen yummy rolls wrapped up all pretty!

Other goodies to make this week:

Dutch Apple Bread
It's apple time here and I am thoroughly enjoying local apples before pumpkin time arrives next week.
I found this mouthwatering recipe on North Dakota Kitchen, a warm, homey, food filled treat of a blog! I'm going to make a few and freeze them!

Pizza Dough
I will be freezing it. Thinking ahead. We are having a big birthday weekend coming up. Lots of family! I think I'll make artisan pizzas for lunch when the crowd comes. I'm getting out the bread machine to make a couple of batches.


Join StoneGable on facebook for exta recipes, and other fun tips and tidbits!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top