Monday
Out To Dinner

Tuesday
Wedge Salad
Zucchini Noodles
Grilled Tenderloin Tips

Recipe: Wedge Salad
This is a delicious salad that could be a meal in itself. I will make a wedge and then split it for 2. I love the recipe for Bleu Cheese Dressing~ you will want to make this instead of bottled dressing! Click HERE and look for it on Monday's menu.

Recipe: Zucchini Noodles
These "noodles" look absolutely fabulous!!!! I can't wait to make them!  Zucchini noodle recipe come by way of the Reluctant Entertainer. Just wait till you see they great pictures of this yummy and good-for-you dish! Click HERE for the recipe.

Wednesday
Salmon On The Grill With Cucumber Dill Sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad  With Warm Cider Vinaigrette

Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash Salad With Warm Cider Vinaigrette
I could get up right now and make this beautiful sounding salad!!! Doesn't this sound yummy? It comes from Wives With Knives. Cathy is a marvelous cook with creative and delicious recipes. I have a special folder just for her recipes! Click HERE for this Fall-on-a-plate recipe.

Thursday: Comfort Food Day
Sauteed Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans Sauteed With Garlic Oil

Recipe: Sauteed Chicken
I know this recipe is somewhere on my menus but I can't seem to find it. And it is one I truly want to pass on. This is comfort to me. My Nani used to make this and then my mom and now me. So Jacqueline, this recipe is for you my darling girl! So flavorful and fall off the bone good.

1 chicken cut up- I prefer using thighs and drummies and just a couple of breasts
1 large onion, peeled, and chopped
4 celery ribs, chopped
chicken stock or water
vegetable oil
salt and pepper

In a large dutch oven, or skillet add oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and celery and saute until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.

Add a little more oil, add chicken in batches and brown on all sides. Return all chicken, onions and celery to pan. Add chicken stock till chicken is half covered and put the lid on the pan, crack lid.  Simmer for 45 minutes turning once. Stock should be reduced and a little thicker. Serve stock and veggies over chicken and mashed potatoes.

Recipe: Garlic Oil
Find the recipe for Garlic oil on Facebook. It was a post last week. This is ALWAYS in my refrigerator. It is fabulous on so many things!

Friday
Taco's With All The Fixins'
Refried Beans

Saturday
Fettuccine with Pesto
Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Fresh Tomatoes

Recipe: Fettuccine with Pesto
This is a intensely flavorful dish. I love pesto!!!! And it is time for my basil to be harvested this week. The first week I blogged ( just shy of a year ago) I wrote a post about pesto. I call it GREEN GOLD. Click HERE for a StoneGable classic recipe.

I found a fabulous fiber rich fettuccine noodle called Carb Nada. These have all the delicate flavor you would expect from a great pasta noodle, but are also very healthy. I'm serving these covered in delicious basil pesto! Oh yumminess!

Recipe: Balsamic Grilled Chicken
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup good olive oil
1-2 TBS Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
3 TBS basil chiffonades
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl. Put chicken in large zip lock bag and add marinade. Marinade chicken for 30 minutes to 4 hours in the refrigerator.

Heat grill to medium. Grill chicken until done through, turning once. Take off heat and tent with foil for 10 minutes before serving.

Sunday: Slow Cooker Soup Day
Beef and More Beef Barley Soup
Homemade Beer Bread

Recipe: Beef and More Beef Barley Soup Slow Cooker Style
I like this soup full of beef. It is a very hardy meal!

2 lbs beef lean stew beef cut into small cubes, about 1/2 inch
1 cup chopped onion
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, diced
3/4-1 cup barley
1 bay leaf
8- 10 cups beef broth
1/2 cup good dry red wine
salt and pepper
olive oil

In a large skillet heat oil to medium heat. Add onion an celery. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Add a little more oil and add beef cubes. Brown on all sides. Add to slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredient to the slow cooker, cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Recipe: Beer Bread


This is a real keeper... and really easy!!! Your family will LOVE it. I can't make beer bread fast enough.
To get this yummy bread recipe click  HERE and look for it at the bottom of the post.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top