Don't you just love black and white? Me too! Today's table was to be all black and white except for the herbs. Until I found this simple and sassy flatware!



The color was perfect with the black and white. Then rummaging through my dish closet I found these...



Beautifully detailed green bowls.



Today's table was not inspired by the flatware or floral green bowls, but by the wire pot stand I found on sale at HomeGoods.

It has been sitting on my island for a month holding fresh herbs in terracotta pots.. A little tweaking and it became a centerpiece.





The tablecloth is snowy white and very simple. I wanted this table to have a clean, neat feel.

Ruffled placemats in black add the drama! I just love these placemats. A stack of black and white dishes alternate with white dishes showing off their interesting edges. A green bowl shaped like a flower tops off the stack.







Black and White paisley print napkins are folded into crisp fans.






The centerpiece is a chippy white wire frame holding a trio of herbs in white pots.






I painted the terracotta pots white and added black numbers.











A vintage ironstone soup tureen filled with Ceam Of Asparagus soup awaits the first course. YUMMY! See menu below to get the recipe. Little creamers will be filled with thinned creme fraiche to be poured in the soup.





White Mikasa Italian Counryside cups and saucers and salt and pepper shakers grace the table. These are my everyday dishes. They are used very hard and still look like new. I  bought them before they became so popular and pricey!





A large Mikasa pitcher will be used for sparkling water. I collect white pitchers. There is something so graceful about them!



The promise of dessert sits on the corner of the table.




If there is a little room on the table, I LOVE to stack dessert plates, flatware and a fresh set of napkins.

Two white pedestal cake stands are stacked for the display.



Hemstitched monogrammed napkins are neatly folded around the base of the cake stand.

A few fragrant sprigs of rosemary rest on the cut-out cake plate.


Milky white Waterford plates and those fun spring green forks wait for Creme Brulee... one of my VERY favorites! Creme Brulee makes me want to eat dessert first!



A large slate cheese board doubles as a menu board.  Guests enjoy seeing what's on the menu!




No candles, no formality, no fuss for this mid afternoon luncheon.

They are replaced with a sense of breezy crispness, the smell of fresh herbs and laugher... always laughter! It is the best adornment of any table!



THE MENU



Click HERE for Cream Of AsparagusSoup recipe.




I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch.














0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top