To Market,
To Market,
To buy a fat pig.
Home again,
Home again,
Jiggity-Jig!



When Kellie, at This Blessed Nest, asked me to do a product review of her  TO MARKET, TO MARKET TOTE  I ran right over to her ETSY shop Bag Full Of Posies.  OOOOhing and AAAAAhing I checked out all of her attractive  and creaive totes and other goodies! And there I found  the TO MARKET TO MARKET TOTE... Oh my JIGGIDY JIG! I was thrilled she was sending it to me.

So, when it came in the mail (all sweetly wrapped up with a note) what did I do? I went to market! And not just any market, the oldest continually operating farmer's market America.

Lancaster Central Market has been a part of my local community for over 250 years. You can read all about our number1 tourist spot by clicking HERE.




Even though I did not buy a pig at Market, I did buy 1 pound of naturally smoked bacon... 



...a giant Jicama, 2 bunches of asparagus, 2 crusty baguettes, a head of lettuce, 3 beautiful leeks, 1 pound of white mushrooms, a pound of great Canadian sharp cheese, 1 shiny eggplant, 2 zucchinis, 3 heads of cabbage, a bunch of tulips and a couple of sprays of stock.

All of these goodies fit comfortably in my TO MARKET TO MARKET TOTE  along with my camera's telephoto lens, sunglasses and wallet.  I was able to securely tuck my cell phone, lipstick and loose money in a zippered compartment inside my tote.

As I was meandering through market taking pictures and collecting fresh produce I had 6 strangers comment on the cuteness of my TO MARKET TO MARKET TOTE.  It was so much fun to brag about it's quality, leather straps, sturdy construction, 100% jute fabric and the very very jaunty french pig on the front of the bag!









I handed out all the little business cards Kellie sent along. She must have known that my TO MARKET TO MARKET TOTE would be the center of attention!

I can happily and highly recommend this chic and useful tote.

Kellie wanted to share my joy and delight! She is offering a
15% discount
on her beautiful and reasonably priced totes and other goodies to my DEAR readers!


Just go to  BAG FULL OF POSIES and enter the
 promotion code STONEGABLE.



I hope you will take advantage of Kellie's beautiful handiwork and generosity! Thanks, Kellie!

Now I'm off to order a couple of totes to use as Easter baskets!



Central Market Roasted Asparagus With Bacon
2 large bunch asparagus
2-3 TBS olive oil
kosher salt
pepper
8 slices bacon
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
lemon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Put bacon on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Crumble into larger chunks.

Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper and roast in a rimmed baking sheet for 20 minutes. Remove to a large plate. Squeeze lemon over asparagus. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese and bacon.
 YUM!



My little pink Market pig and I are participating in Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top