On a recent trip to one of my favorite antique haunts, I found a treasure trove of old chippy dirty underloved shutters. What a goldmine!





Don't you love the huge visual punch architectural elements makes?




I brought ONE home on Saturday... and went back for it's twin today (the good looking one on the left in the picture above). It will hang on the opposing wall in my kitchen eating area. The new Belgium linen curtains will go up as soon as my contractor is done... in about 4 weeks. I'm also on the lookout for an old bench (sorta frenchy) with a rush seat for under the window.



This is all  part of my kitchen/eating area makeover. While the kitchen is in an upheaval I'll be enjoying the new pretty shutters... chips, dirt,  rust and all! Who knew grunge could be so pleasing?





I just wish these shutters could talk... what a tale they probably could tell!



I am thrilled to be joining my friend Kim at Savy Southern Style for WOW US WEDNESDAY!

I am joining A La Carte for Junkin Finds Friday.

I am joining Laurie at Bargain Hunting With Laurie for A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top