This is a sentimentalweek at StoneGable! A page is turning in my life and a new one is unfolding to be written on by the pen of new experiences.

Not a big change... but one that, for some reason, is profoundly affecting me.

This will be the last week I will be cooking in my beloved kitchen as I know it. I understand it sounds silly but I am a little emotional about it. My kitchen is the heart of my home and the life-blood of gatherings, fun and creativity.

It has been used hard for over 16 years. Not bad for a white kitchen. My poor countertops bear the scars of  overuse and... well, abuse! My appliances are on their last leg. Everything is tired and in need of a transfusion of new style.

Next week my white workhorse will begin to go through a facelift. New and improved. I AM very excited about that!  New paint, countertops, sink, appliances, hood, drawers... Next week will be a whole different story as I look forward to a new kitchen and new memories!


But for this week I will obsess over the memories my beloved kitchen has stored up over the years. Children growing up. Teenagers doing projects at the island. Parties. The celebration of almost every major holiday with extended family. Birthday cakes and meals for those suffering. Coffee in the morning with Bobby. Girlfriend talks and Bible studies. A virtual ton of hugs and kisses... and tears! The abundance of blessings too numerous to count! This week I will sentimentally inventory all the priceless memories that are stored in this kitchen like a well stocked pantry, and be so thankful!

Monday
Red Beans And Rice
Baked Tortilla Chips and Salsa


Recipe: Red Beans And Rice
What a delicious combo. I must admit I don't think of this often... and I should! I stopped by a new blog to me, Miz Helen's Country Cottage and knew that her recipe for Red Beans And Rice would be on the menu.
It has quite a kick from the sound of the ingredients, but I will tame it down a tad. For this hearty recipe click HERE.

Tuesday
Rolled Chicken Parisian
Wild Rice
Roasted Mixed Vegetable

Rolled Chicken Parisian is a fabulous recipe! It looks and tastes much more fancy and time consuming than it really is. The sauce is divine! It is company worthy yet easy enough for a weeknight dinner.This is one you will want to try.

Recipe: Rolled Chicken Parisian
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-8 TBS. Borsin Cheese
4 piece sliced good deli ham or Canadian Bacon
12 asparagus spears
1/2 cup flour
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS butter
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper

Cut each chicken breast across horizontally. Pound each breast to about 1/8 inch thick. I use a zip lock bag with a couple of TBS of water in it...and a wooden mallet to pound chicken. Put the chicken on a work surface. Salt and pepper. Put 1 slice of deli ham on each chicken breast. Spread 1-2 TBS Borsin cheese on the ham. Lay 3 asparagus spears together across one of the width ends of the chicken. Roll up the chicken around the asparagus. Dredge in flour. Secure with a toothpick.

Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken and add mushrooms and thyme. Cook until golden. Remove pan off of heat and add wine. Bring back to the heat and add chicken stock, scraping up brown bits.

Return chicken to the pan and slowly simmer for 15-20 minutes, lightly covered with foil.

Serve drizzled with sauce and mushrooms!

Wednesday
Grilled Chuck Delmonico Steaks
Wedge Salad


Recipe: Grilled Chuck Delmonico Steaks
This recipe seems ridiculously easy, but it is so delicious! Chuck delmonico's are CHEAP! And they are absolutely scrumptious. If you don't see them ask your butcher and give them a try.
4 chuck delmonico
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 stick of butter
1 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

Heat up the grill~ I make my steaks on a very hot grill.
Put Worcestershire Sauce, butter, garlic salt and pepper in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high until the butter is melted.

Liberally brush steak with the sauce while grilling. YUMMY!!!!!

Recipe: Wedge Salad
I don't have this salad very often... it is a little decedent for a salad! But I will eat a very small steak and make the wedge salad my dinner. EVERYONE just loves this recipe.

I make my own bleu cheese dressing... it is wonderful!!! If you are not a bleu cheese lover it can be made with ranch or parmesan pepper dressing.

Click HERE and look for Wedge Salad on Monday's menu.

Thursday: Apples Of Gold Dinner Italian Night
Caesar Salad
Spicy Sausage, Spinach and Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
Homemade Crusty Bread
Tiramusu

Recipe: Spicy Sausage Spinach and Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
This is a must try recipe. It is easy and so very delicious! I am teaching a group of young woman to make this tonight! I love this wonderful group~ 30 women in all. 19 young women and 10 mentors. I am so blessed to be a part of this group!

Click HERE to make this recipe too!


Friday
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Roasted Vegetables, Leftovers from Tuesday's Menu

Recipe: Lemon Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Pasta at StoneGable = LOVE!  And I love this recipe. Made with things I usually have on hand, Lemon Garlic Parmesan Pasta is so easy to make and full of FLAVOR! My friend from Butter Yum is always cooking up something wonderful! Click HERE to get this recipe.

Saturday
Apricot-Balsamic Glazed Salmon
Fried Spinach

Recipe: Apricot-Balsamic Glazed Salmon
2 salmon fillets, skin removed
salt and pepper
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
1 garlic clove, finely diced

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Salt and pepper fillets.

In a small saucepan add preserves, vinegar, honey and garlic. Heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes until glaze thickens slightly.

Put Salmon on a rimmed baking sheet and liberally brush with glaze. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until salmon begins to flake. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Salmon will continue to cook when it is taken off the heat.

Recipe: Fried Spinach
This is one of the best things I have ever eaten! The name does not do it any justice! It should be called Crunchy, Crispy, Flavorful Glorious Quick Fried Spinach! Click HERE and look on Friday's menu for this recipe you should try!

Sunday: Soup Day
StoneGable Chicken Noodle Soup

Recipe: StoneGable Chicken Noodle Soup
Here at StoneGable, we eat soup till the hazy, hot, humid days of summer overtake us. I'll make stock in the slow cooker overnight. And from there it is easy to make chicken noodle soup! This is my favorite soup- for the recipe click HERE.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top