White dishes are like a little black dress! They go with everything and are appropriate for every occasion.

While taking my dishes out of my cupboards for the the kitchen facelift I thought of all the wonders of white dishes...








Here are some of my dishes from the kitchen cabinets. White... I just can't get enough of white dishes!










The real everyday workhorses of my kitchen are my beloved Mikasa Italian Countryside. Over the years I have collected 24 place settings (not all shown). For most big gatherings I use them. I am so happy I made the investment! I will never get tired of them.









I prefer eating on a white plate. It is a beautiful canvas canvas for food.  This is why I just love plates with interesting edges. They attractively frame what is served on the plate. Plates with wonderful edging also add a great deal of interest to a place setting.











When setting a table, stacking white plates is a joy! I have collected white plates (excluding Italian Countryside) for about 2 years.

They do not have to be expensive, and mine aren't. Finding great buys is a hard and fast rule with me.  As I am out and about shopping I keep a list of the plates I have and the current amount of each. Initially, I try to purchase at least 4 plates of a kind, adding more as I find them.  It has taken me 18 months to collect 18 place settings of my cherished leaf and berry dishes.













Remembering to buy white plates in a large variety of sizes is also very important. The different sizes allows the pretty edges to be displayed when stacking them.









Displaying white dishes can be so dreamy~ look for an upcoming post using my white dishes and silver!

Last summer I displayed white dishes in my dining room cupboard. Click HERE to see the post.   











Besides dishes I am now collecting white soup tureens... This graceful swan is a soup tureen and the white ironstone tureen holds my K cup coffees!












Pitchers...









Egg cups...









Interesting bowls, especially footed or on a pedestal...











Cups and saucers...








Seasonal and other fun pieces...










And cake stands...








When it comes to white dishes, there is always room for more in my dish cupboards... I hope!









Remember to 


Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top