What can you do with 200 year old Lancaster County Pennsylvania barn beams? 

Eat on them!



As part of my Farmhouse Kitchen Facelift a new table came to live at StoneGable.  Handmade by Jason at LOST IN THE COUNTRY RUSTICS, Ronks Pa, this 54 inch round table is a perfect fit for StoneGable's new Farmhouse  look.

I have not posted my kitchen reveal yet... there is still touch up painting, drapery to be hung after the painting and I am still waiting for a few pieces of furniture to come in. Reveal will be coming soon. Thanks for being patient!



The yellow pine barn beams were hand hewn and stained in "Early American". Because the wood is approximately 200 years old it is VERY hard. Full of character, the wood shows many signs of weathering and age. I am enamoured with the idea of recycling a 200 year old piece of Lancaster history and giving it a new life and purpose! My table has an old soul!




The base is a stout hand stained distressed pedestal. It's heft allows for the 2 leaves that can be added when extended family gathers.






The chairs compliment the table, but aren't to matchy-matchy. The black is lightly distressed here and there. The chair backs look like entwined arms... at least  to me! I am not sure if I want to cover their seats. I might like to try my hand at a drop cloth pleated seat cover. I'll let this idea simmer for awhile. I like to live with something... to let it get comfortable in it's surroundings before changing it.



The table is set for a buffet. An antique wooden tool box, a gift from Bobby, is perfect for corralling dishes. Bobby used this as my Easter basket this year. Somebunny was listening!!!!!

I love its worn paint and smoothed down handle. It must have been called into service for years. If it could only talk!






A collection of white dishes (HomeGoods) fills the tool box. The white dishes and their interesting edges play against the simplicity of the worn wood.









Linen guest towels from Potter Barn become napkins. The embroidered detail adds a pretty touch.





New white mugs (HomeGoods) are part of the Kitchen Facelift. They are graceful and curvy... and hold a large cup of coffee!





The last of the peonies are placed in a wicker basket with a glass insert. They are heavily pink laden and heady with fragrance.   A soft splash of color in this neutral scape.







I collect white pitchers of all shapes and sizes. Today they hold silver flatware. It is such an interesting and unexpected presentation.







Forks and spoons in one, and knives in the other.



Who waits for their kitchen to be done to have guests... not me!  On Friday, Pinky from DESIGNS BY PINKY is coming to lunch and maybe another blogger (right, Lynne?). I think we will eat on barn beams!







I am participating in:
TABLESAPE THRUSDAY at Between Naps On The Porch
How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top