Local strawberries are at their peak! Red, juicy and so very scrumptious... they have inspired this luncheon table.



My strawberry dishes only come out this time of year to pay homage to the beautiful strawberry.



Pinky, from Designs By Pinky and two other darling ladies are joining me in a strawberry inspired luncheon.

Each place was set with strawberry dinnerware and a big strawberry bowl. A sparkly little Old World Ornament strawberry is a take home gift for each guest! I hope ever time they see it they will remember our fun luncheon!



I would usually spread out a white tablecloth for this tablescape, but this is the first gathering at my new farmhouse kitchen table so I left it bare. Green placemats (HomeGoods) with a white embroidered design anchor each setting. The embroidered design reminds me of strawberry flowers.

What would strawberries be with bees? Napoleon Bee flatware (Horchow) supports the strawberry theme! 



Simple red woven napkins with bright green napkin rings continue the strawberry color scheme. Who said red and green were only for Christmas?  Don't they look delicious together?






Red goblets (Williamsburg Charter House) wait for water and beautiful French Countryside goblets by Mikasa will hold StoneGalble iced tea. The very kind people at Mikasa were nice enough to send me these gorgeous goblets. They are my new favorite glasses!!!!



The centerpiece is a trio of chippy green vases (Candle Barn, Intercourse Pa) spilling over with fragrant white sweetheart roses and astilbe. The center vase rests on a wrought iron pedestal to give the arrangement some height.





A little strawberry sugar bowl and creamer match the dinnnerware.



Coffee is served in white mugs (HomeGoods). There is something so attractive about the shape and handle of these large mugs. Priced very reasonably they are a true bargain!



Dessert plates, forks and napkins are set out on a white pedestal. I love putting these elements on my table! They are like a promise of sweet things to come!





It's time to light the candles (Olde Millhouse Shop) and pour the drinks...







My friends are on there way!





The Menu
Cream Of Wild Mushroom Soup
Strawberries with Garden Greens, Toasted Pecans, Bleu In A Strawberry Champagne Vinaigrette
Asparagus Tart
(see post tomorrow for recipe, photo and how-to's)
Strawberry Tarts
StoneGable Ice Tea
Coffee





I am participating in:
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top