I'm methodically working my way through the decorating process in the living room... and loving every minute!  Searching out and adding pieces to feather my nest!

I've waited a long time for the coffee table I'm sharing today...







We replaced and updated everything in the living room from the floor to ceiling except the mirror and brass lamps. The process started by laying hardwood floors and now I am in the furnishing stage!

I'm choosing investment pieces for this room. Things that will stand the test of time.  Relaxed neutrals with classic lines. No trendy styles here... except maybe in some accent pieces.


The table was tough to decide on! I knew I did not want a painted piece... or dark wood... or black like my end tables. I was really leaning towards re- purposed wood to bring a little texture and character into the room.


But, I also wanted to keep the lines pretty clean with a few classic embellishments.






I found it in this SWENSON COFFEE TABLE from Ethan Allen.


The wood is not re-purposed but sandblasted then finished with "slightly metallic pearlescent highlights". That's the description from the great Ethan Allen folks.








The undertones of the coffee table work well with neutrasl! I call this color "mushroom".








The lines and embellishments work so well with the other pieces I have. They also keep the piece from looking to modern or cottage (love cottage, though).


Now I'm on the search for some pretty baskets for the bottom shelf! 








Tonight we are going to look at a little chest I found on Craig's list.  I want to put an interesting painted chest between the window and the door... under the Kessler painting of the row houses in Paris. I'm excited to get out my paintbrushes and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and get to work!

Here's my inspiration... LOVE this chest! Actually I am a little obsessed with it! It has fabric that has been adhered to the piece and then painted over. And the front is covered with raised curlacues.

It is GORGEOUS in person! 





Here's where it will go...






It's great to finally have a coffee table to pull the room together!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top