This recipe was a fantastic serendipity! 

I was putting away 6 dozen wide mouth quart ball jars from the weekend's wedding celebration and had a big pot of chili cooking away on the stove. 

Inspiration struck and the chili ended up in the jars with a big dollop of corn bread batter on the top of it...






YUMMY... and F-U-N! 

This is my new favorite way to serve Chili and Cornbread!

I also tweaked my usual StoneGable Chili recipe too...

I had leftover baked beans from our Wedding Celebration this weekend and used them in the chili.

The worked wonderfully!!!  If you have leftover baked beans just substitute them for the beans in your favorite chili recipe and OLE' ... they make the chili simply delicious!!! I usually cook my chili in a slow cooker, but this time I made it on the stove.

If you don't have a favorite Chili recipe... give one of mine a try...

STONEGABLE WHITE CHILI







Make the chili and your favorite cornbread batter...

OR...


OR

use a package of Jiffy Cornbread... it tastes pretty good too!







Fill the wide mouth quart jars to within 2 inches of the top with hot chili and add 1/2 cup of the cornbread batter to the jar. Fill to just below the top. The cornbread will not rise very much.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until the cornbread is done.  

You could also garnish the top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions. I served mine on the side!


DELICIOUS!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top