EASTER D
INNER:

This Easter's dinner was inspired by the Peach Luster Fire King  dishes I have been collecting for many years. They have become a part of our Easter tradition as much as our menu, Easter baskets and church.








I used a peach, terracotta and white palette for this table.








Using a plain simple white tablecloth focuses the attention to the other elements on the table.  Each place setting is a combination of white and peach plates. Leaf and berry chargers (HomeGoods) Italian Countryside (Mikasa) are the white anchor dishes. 


  





Peach Luster salad and bread plates bring  soft color and shine to the table. This Fire King was collected from antique shops, flea markets and garage sales. I just love their beautiful color and reflective quality. Very inexpensive, and quite easy to find these are great fun to hunt!











An Easter treat greets each guest. Instead of Easter baskets, little personalized terracotta pots in saucers are filled with a chocolates and other sweet goodies picked with them in mind. The chocolates are from a local chocolatier,Evan's Candy, and are made using many antique molds.













White damask napkins are fanned at the head of each place setting  to give a  ruffled backdrop for the terracotta pots.








Water will be served in white bubble glassses (Reading China and Glass).





Water will be served in white bubble glassses (Reading China and Glass). 






Creamer and sugar bowls are placed on both ends of the table. Antique silver sugar spoons make a pretty statement.


Large plaster candle pillars have a shabby time-worn look (Petals and Beans, Strasburg Pa). They are topped with a variegated peach candle. Can you see the terracotta base through the chipped away whitewash paint?


 


 


The centerpiece is made up of three terracotta and white urns.   Glazed a silky white, the raised pattern remains terracotta. (JoAnn Fabrics).  I just happened upon them and knew they would be perfect to carry on the color scheme. I put the white pillars in between them. 







White ranunculus were planted in the urns for a different take on spring flowers. My first inclination was to plant white tulips (my favorite), but when I found these pretty flowers I thought they would be a little differnt and interesting.







I set this table before I went to Savannah and my guest list has grown! I am now having 14 for dinner and 24  for dessert. By adding another leaf in the table, making a few more "goodie pots" and some additional grocery shopping I'll be ready for a wonderful day of family, friends and celebrating the fact that "He Is Risen"!










Have a Happy and Blessed Easter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top