MENU: March 8- 14, 2010
This is a week to catch my breath! Thank goodness. So... delicious and easy meals are the mainstay for this week. With a little help from some blogging friends there are some quick and easy meals on the menu.

MONDAY:
Slow Cooker Beef Barbeque
Store Bought Philadelphia Sytle Potato Salad
Beet, Apple and Carrot Salad

Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Barbeque
HELP! I saw this on a wonderful blog, but I can't remember where! I wrote the site down but can't find my paper! If you are the lovely blogger who gave me this stellar recipe please let me know so I can give you credit and a link!!!! If you know who it is please help my poor memory. Thanks!
I made this last friday so when my Son and his roommates came home late, it would be ready. They devoured it! I made 4 lbs of beef!!!! There is enough left for dinner tonight.

2 lb beef chuck roast
1 bottle barbeque sauce
1 can cola
2 tsp. garlic salt

Cook on low for 7-9 hours. Remove roast and pull apart. Return to slow cooker. Serve on hamburger buns with juice. You will need a knife and a fork for this delicious barbeque!

Recipe: Beet, Apple and Carrot Salad
See Monday's menu for recipe- click HERE.

TUESDAY:
Killer Fajitas
Refried Beans
Mexican Explosion Salad

Recipe: Killer Fajitas
This is my MOST REQUESTED MEAL by family and friends.  It was given to me by my sister Lisa. When Killer Fajitas are on the menu everyone is happy. See Wednesday's menu for recipe- click HERE. I made these Sunday night (change in menu at Son's request) and we will eat leftover Fajitas- even better.

WEDNESDAY:
Salmon Cakes
Browned Butter Potatoes
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic Oil

Recipe: Salmon Cakes
This is the most wonderful sounding recipe from my friend Kendra at Haden News. I make salmon cakes but mine look wimpy and boring next to these! I'm using good canned salmon to cut down on the work. Click HERE for the recipe. Thanks, Kendra, I always love to visit you!

THURSDAY:
I'm not cooking Bobby, so bring home TAKEOUT Chinese! Don't forget the duck sauce.

FRIDAY: SOUP NIGHT
Corn Chowder
Antipasta Salad

Recipe: Corn Chowder
My new friend Nancy at Nancy's Daily Dish- just check out her great blog!- has a stick-to-your-ribs corn chowder that is easy and full of great flavors. I'm really excited to try this. Click HERE for recipe.

SATURDAY:
Baked Tilapia Roll-Ups
Sauteed Rice
Green Beans

Recipe: Baked Tilapia Roll-Ups
4 large tilapia fillets
2 TBS olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
1 cup chopped Middle Eastern green olives, pit removed
2 TBS capers, rinsed and drained
1 TBS grated lemon rind
Juice of 1 lemon
1 lemon thily sliced
salt and pepper
paprika to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and pat dry tilapia. Salt and pepper. In a skillet add 1 TBS olive oil and heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until transparent. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Take pan off heat and add olives, capers, lemon rind and juice of 1 lemon. Mix.

Place tilapia on a plate and put 1/4 of filling down the middle lengthwise of the fish. roll up and secure with toothpick.

Line baking dish with sliced lemons and top with tilapia roll ups. Drizzle remainding olive oil over fish. Sprinkle paprika over fish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with fork. Serve over rice.

Recipe: Sauteed Rice
Leftover rice
2 TBS vegetable oil
1/4 cup parsley
Using leftover cooked rice from Chinese food (Thursday), cook in a skillet that has 2 TBS vegetable oil heated in it. Cook until hot. Take off heat and add parsley.

SUNDAY:
Chicken Pie- In freezer from a fundraiser
Baby Greens with Pear, Bleu and Spiced Pecans with Poppyseed Dressing

I hope I can keep this week down to a dull roar! I need a little rest- after all I recently came back from a vacation.

Have a great week everyone. BON APPETIT!

I am participating in Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.There are almost 200 geat menu plans for this week- If you need some inspiration for dinner this is the site for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top