This week I had some of my wonderful girlfriends for breakfast. I wanted to make an egg dish because I used egg shells as little pots for violas so I had eggs on hand.





To see post click HERE.

I have a love/hate relationship with quiche. It can be so delicious and full of great savory ingredients. But more times than not, the crust is soggy and the quiche tough. I really don't like tough quiche! Not appetizing!

So I went on a search to find a fluffy, light and spectular tasting quiche. I found a recipe that called for ricotta cheese and knew I was on to something. I adapted this recipe and used my girlfriends as guinnea pigs (figuratively girls... you are all so beautiful!).  This herbed quiche lorainne got enthusiastic thumbs up! Eveyone belonged to the clean plate club!

THIS IS A DEEP DISH QUICHE- YOU WILL NEED A DEEP DISH PIE PAN

Recipe: Fluffy Herbed Quiche Lorraine
1 pie crust- recipe follows

2 cups Swiss Cheese
1 cup cooked ham slice, finely diced
3/4 cup whole Ricotta cheese
9 eggs
1 1/2 cups light cream
2 TBS fresh dill, finely chopped
2 TBS fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped using green too
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees:
Pie Dough Recipe: I use Martha Stewart's- It is the best I've ever used. It has a flakey buttery taste.
Click HERE for recipe.

Roll out dough and line deep dish pie plate.  Grate cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the pie plate. Top with ham. Put the pie plate in the refrigerator until ready to fill.

In a blender, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, milk and process for 1 minutes.  Add herbs and salt and pepper and whizz for a couple of seconds to encorporate- do not overblend.

Take pie dough out of refrigerator and fill with egg mixture. Put pie plate on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. (I was very surprised it took that long!) I at first put my timer on for 1 hour, then put it on in 10 minute increments. The quiche will be set and puff up quite high.

Remove from the oven and let cool for at LEAST 15 minutes. Cut in wedges.




 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top