Green Limes and Blue Transferware:



There are some color combinations that play so nicely together. Blue and green are one of those happy copasetic combos. Mix almost any blue with any green, throw a little white in for kicks and giggles and you have a color scheme that is irresistable! Clean, crisp, serene, organic, cool and just perfectly pretty.

The inspiration for this tablescape were these lovely, fabulous quality placemat I found on an recent shopping trip to HomeGoods. I immediately knew how I would use them as a springboard for the rest of my table.



I also have a large blue and white Jardinier that is one of my favorite long ago finds. And I just knew that they would be magic together.


The Jardinier has an iron pedestal base (and is extraordinarially heavy) and the inside is as beautiful as the outside. It became the centerpiece for the table. White Flowering Almond branches and limes fill the bowl. If I had a lime tree I would have filled it with limes alone.







Each placesetting uses plates that I had on hand. White leaf and berry chargers (HG), Mikasa Italian Countryside,  a green grape motif plate with a bronze oil rubbed rim (HG), another white plate with a detailed border (HG) and a small  blue transferware dish (Antique shop-years ago). A lime green linen napkin was tuked between the dinner plate and the salad plate for an extra pop of color.







The dishes have interesting edges, especially when put all together. This is one reason I love, love, love dishes!


Little spice jars filled with White Flowering Almond blossoms sit atop the blue transferware plates. They were aquired on my 2009 trip to Savannah. A small lime rests along side of the pots. I have been smitten by tiny bunches of flowers at each place setting lately. I think they  are such a cheery greeting for each guest.





Brown marble handled flatware (HG) echoes the color of the base of the Jardinier and the band of the green plates. It gives weight to the placesetting.





Blue and white teacups bought at a roadside flea market (in a styrofoam cooler full of dishes for $4.00)  were cleaned up and given new purpose in this tablescape. They have a nice feel in one's hand!



I used  punches of lime green to make this table look less fussy. Lime green spotted bubble glasses keep this table setting fun!





Little butter pat plates in blue transferware (Olde Millhouse Shoppe) sit next to each place. I also use these sweet plates as spoon rests, tea bag holders, and for individual condiments.






A blue transferware salt and pepper shaker sit on a little matching transferware plate.





This tiny transferware vase was also in my  $4.00 flea market cooler, so I had to use it!




The candlesticks were another treasure from my flea market find! Lime green candles were used to continue that extra unexpected color.



This table was so fun and easy to  put together. Working with colors that effortlessly play together and having an inspiring starting point made this one of the most enjoyable tables I've done!








I am joining Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top