Granola:


We are having a house full of family for the long weekend. Nothing thrills me more! I often say our home is more like a hotel! 

So I made granola to have for my snackers. It also makes a great breakfast when we need to eat something quick. Sweet and crunchy, this granola is a real energy booster!


StoneGable Granola:
6 cups of oatmeal
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup coconut (flaked)
1/2 dark brown sugar ( I use a little more)
1/2 cup non flavored vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS vanilla
1-2 cups assorted dried fruit (I use dried cherries)
1-2 cups of add-in (mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, cereals)

Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except dried fruit and add-ins in a large bowl. Mix well to coat evenly.  I omit the coconut, not all of us are fans. Distribute on 2 large rimmed baking sheets.

Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool completely. 
Stir in dried fruit and add-ins. I put dried fruit and  add ins in individual bowls and let everyone make their own customized blends if we have it for breakfast.


Store in air tight container.



Enjoy!





I am joining Michael Lee West at Designs By Gollum for Foodie Friday. Start your weekend right- go see all the wonderful recipes! Click HERE

I am joiniing Chari at Happy To Design for Sunday Favorites!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top