Yellow China And Black Tea:







Tea time on the porch is one of my favorite things to do at StoneGable. And tea  with friends on the porch is an event!  Tea time for me is reminiscent of my childhood years in Scotland and England where tea time was a cherished and time honored part of the day!





The inspiration for this table came from my antique yellow porcelain tea set. I waited around at an auction, years and years ago, to bid on and finally get this pretty prize. I love yellow and dishes so I just knew I had to take it home.


This set, a lustreware china made in Japan, is probably of very little value but it is my very favorite tea set. The tea pot has a jolly, sunny look. I think it has a little bit of an up-turned attitude!





The simple yellow and white pattern is highlighted with a thin black band.  This is a striking combination, but not too loud or over done. The little tea pot sits on a small wrought iron stand.






The form and design of the creamer and sugar bowl mirrors the teapot.



Each place is set with a square plate with softened corners. It has a  bold scrolled design. It is the perfect backdrop for the delicate yellow dessert plate that is part of the tea set.







Topping each place setting is a double napkin gathered up in a white whrought iron napkin ring. The black and white check brings a relaxed feel to the table. The white formal napkin with a monogrammed P dresses it back up a little.









Thin yellow porcelain cups await the tea. Their reflective finish is captivating.



A tea cup is also called into an unorthodox use. It becomes a little bowl for lemons.



A white footed planter aquired at a flea market is planted with begonias and greens. The yellow flowers of  the begonias almost matches the yellow in the china.





Sitting and sipping tea... laughing and bearing our hearts and souls... finding joy in just being together and being out of doors... these are simple pleasures that cannot be underestimated!







Will you join us?

I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch.  This is the 91st  Tablescape Thursday our lovely  Susan has hosted. Thanks, Susan!  Click HERE to join in!

I am participating in Rainbow  Summer School~ Yellow at On a Tangent. Click HERE to see all the sunniest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top