Weekly Menu Plan: May 24- 30, 2010



This week I am revisiting some StoneGable standby recipes. They are easy, delicious and one's that are tried and true family favorites! A recent favorite is a wonderful pizza from Faithfulness Farm. My family thinks this pizza is the best! Thanks Mrs. P!

It would not be a good cooking week however, if I didn't have a couple of new things on the menu. I love to peruse all the great dishes posted on Foodie Friday. This week I just couldn't resist the sound of Orzo Asparagus Salad and Kickin' Pasta Sauce.  Both are from very talented cooks in bloggland.

Monday:
Shrimp Scampi with Bowtie Pasta
Ceaser Salad

Recipe: Shrimp Scampi with Bowtie Pasta
This is a wonderfu and tasty recipe from the Barefoot Contessa. I find her recipes consistently delicious and
quite do-able. Click HERE for recipe. I am making it with bowtie pasta instead of linguini.

Tuesday:
Grilled Chicken in StoneGable Marinade
Orzo Asparagus Salad

Recipe: Grilled Chicken in StoneGable Marinade
My go-to marinade will work wonders on chicken breasts or tenders. Click HERE and find this fabulous and my very favorite marinade recipe under Tuesday's menu.

Put chicken in a zip lock bag with marinade. Marinade for 30 minutes to 8 hours. Remove chicken from the bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken.

Recipe: Orzo Asparagus Salad
This recipe comes from Red Couch Recipes, a blog I am smitten with. I think this dish sounds so delicious and I can't wait to give it a try. Click HERE for this spring inspired recipe.

Wednesday:
Ravioli with Kickin' Pasta Sauce
Greek Salad

Recipe: Ravioli with Kickin" Pasta Sauce
I really excited to try this yummy sounding pasta sauce that comes from Delightful Country Cookin'! This is not a delicate or whimpy sauce, but one that has meat and full flavors. Oh, this sounds perfect! I am putting it over store bought cheese ravioli. Click HERE to get this soon to be favorite recipe.

Recipe: Greek Salad
I could make this salad with my eyes closed. Very rich and satisfying and full of great  and vibrant flavors! I love this for lunch and have it often. But my family craves it for dinner too. Click HERE for a salad you are sure to love too!

Thursday:
Bachlorette Party. Boys you have to fend for yourselves. You know the take-out numbers! There may even be leftovers (that is a bad word to Bobby).

Friday:
Homemade Pizza
Field Greens with Bleu, Dried Cherries and Pistachio Nuts in a Raspberry Viniagrette

Recipe: Homemade Pizza
Mrs. P from Faithfulness farm makes the best pizza. And even better than her pizza is her amazing blog. She is a great blog buddy of mine. For this adictive pizza click HERE for the recipe.
Saturday:
Wedding- Congrats to our two young friends!

Sunday: Kids Are All Home- YEA!!!!!
Grilled Flank Steak On Skewers
Corn On The Cob
Caprese Salad
Store bought Philadelphia Style Potato Salad

Recipe: Grilled Flank Steak On Skewers
This is a family favorite. Using the same recipe for the marinad as on Tuesday, this steak is marinaded, tender and delicious. Click HERE and look for it under Tuesday's menu.

Hope you all have a positive and productive week!

Look for these upcoming posts in the near future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top