Thanksgiving is just around the corner... and here at StoneGable the table will be set EARLY! Each year the table's look and theme is different and my family and friends are so wonderfully appreciative!

This year my table will have a very different look. No bright orange, gourds or cany corn! I am using creamy whites, warm browns and blue transferware!  To ballance the elegent dishes natural and organic elements will be used. Lots of pine cones, acorns and white pumpkins will grace the table.

One other element that is a must at our table this year is PLACE CARDS. I want to separate the boyfriends and girlfriends, the newlyweds and the same age clusters, at least for dinner. It is my goal to sit people who don't have daily contact together... and do this creatively!

I LOVE to have little take-home gifts for each guest at my tables. Last year each guest took home a sparkly blown glass acorn ornament attached to a bag of homemade Cashew Crunch. This year the "place cards" will be little gifts too.



Placecards made from little picture frames with sepia toned (to go with the color scheme) baby pictures of each guest will show them where they will sit. Embellished with gossamer ribbon and touches from nature, they display each person's baby face and name.  The frames can then be taken home and hung on the Christmas tree with an attached ribbon loop. I can just imagine my families faces when they see these! Who doesn't love baby pictures?


The precious, cold, bundled up baby (my Son Christopher) now looks like this...



I think everyone will really enjoy this extra special treat on the Thanksgiving table... and I am sure it will inspire many touching and fun stories!!!!!




StoneGable Thanksgiving Picture Place Cards
small picture frames, can be assorted styles
baby pictures
thin ribbon
faux greens
tiny acorn
star anise
berries on picks
hot glue

Using a scanner/copier, copy baby picture to fit the frame. Insert picture into frame.

Glue ribbon around the sides of the picture frame.


Make a tiny bow and glue it to the top of the frame.

Embellish.


Add a ribbon loop to the back of the frame.

OOOOOOH and AAAAAAAH!



Thanksgiving Countdown


Make place cards for your table if you use them.

If you are having any alcoholic libations, buy them now.

If you are having guest for the extended weekend, make up a menu plan. Incorporate the groceries into your grocery list.




                                  
If you are cooking Thanksgiving dinner and have guest
                                   for the extended weekend, think about doing take-out or going out for 1 meal. 

I am participating in PINK SATURDAY. Do not adjust the color on your screen. This is a "pink attitude" post!
Please join Beverly for this fun day of Pinkness!

I am participating in Seasonal Sunday with my dear friend, The Tablescaper! There are some wonderful ideas to inspire you!

I am participating in Third Countdown To Thanksgiving at Domestically Speaking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top