I trust everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend. I certainly did! Full of family and eating and fun and eating and shopping (NOT on black Friday) and ... well you get the picture.

I had a productive day putting away all of my fall decorations and trying not to be stressed out by other blogger who have their Christmas decorations up already! Over achievers (but I'm sure they are lovely people)!

It just seems to take me a week or so to get the inside decorated. The outside takes a whole weekend.  I love to think and create. Because I decorate most every room in my house with at least a wreath, decorating is not done in a day or even three. So if I'm still hanging mistletoe the week before Christmas that's okay. I'll try to enjoy other blogs and get inspiration from them... and try not to feel guilty about being poky.

We have eaten so much over the Thanksgiving holiday that I am going lite on food consumption this week, but not on the food itself. I'd rather have a few scrumptious bites than a lot of something just okay.

Have a happy week of delicious food and fun decorating!


Monday
StoneGable Mile High Quiche Lorianne
Cream of Mushroom Soup With Madeira Wine
Mixed Greens, Sugar and Spice Pecans, Tangerines and Bleu in an Orange Vinaigrette

Recipe: StoneGable Mile High Quiche Lorianne aka Herbed Quiche Lorianne
This is a must try recipe. I don't make any other quiche now that I found and tweaked this recipe. To see this recipe, click HERE.


Tuesday
Seared Salmon in a Herbed Garlic Butter
Roasted Broccoli
Leak and Potato Tart with Gruyere'

Recipe: Seared Salmon in a Herb Garlic Butter
My friend at Savoring Time In The Kitchen has a BRILLIANT way of cooking Salmon. You must go see!!! I'm sure this will now be my prefered way to cook this delicious fish. Click HERE for a whole new way to keep your kitchen from smelling fishy while cooking a delight of a dinner!


Recipe: Leek and Potato Tart with Gruyere'
This recipe sounds almost heavenly!!! It is from Cooking Light. Click HERE for all the yummy details.

Wednesday ~ Soup Day
Turkey Noodle Soup (from the turkey carcass)
Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Pine Nut with a Lemon Vinaigrette


Recipe: Turkey Noodle Soup
I am using my turkey carcass to make a delicious turkey noodle soup.  This soup goes FAST! Great for dinner and lunch too.  When turkey/chicken noodle soup is on StoneGable's menu my family is very very happy! Click HERE and look for it on Sunday's menu.



Thursday Slow Cooker Day
Slow Cooker Holiday Beef Brisket
Potato Stuffing
Roasted Root Vegetables

Recipe: Holiday Beef Brisket
Make this the day ahead and it will be an easy and company worthy meal.
1- 3 lb beef brisket
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1 can cranberry jelly/ or cranberry relish
1 bottle beer

Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. Take brisket out of slow cooker and shred. Cool and refrigerate. Refrigerate sauce in a separate container. When totally chilled skim fat from the top of the sauce.
To reheat: Put beef and sauce in a 350 degree oven until warmed through.

Friday
Steaks On The Grill
StoneGable Rice-A-Roni
Roasted Cauliflower


Saturday~ Book Club Christmas Dinner
Out To Dinner

Sunday
StoneGable Artisan Pizza
Apple, Beet and Carrot Salad

Recipe: Artisan Pizza on the Grill
Delicious and easy to make, this pizza is a crowd pleaser. I let everyone make it their way by putting out all the topping and letting each person choose what goes on top of their very own pizza. Click HERE  for recipe and how-to!

                                         

Have a delicious week!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top