As promised.. here is just a few pictures of StoneGable's kitchen face lift. The image above is my trough sink. I have been so happy to have running water in my kitchen again. The sink still has bubbles in it from lunch dishes.

Hidden behind the doors of this new cabinet is my microwave. The doors retract when the microwave is being used and then when it is not, it is out of sight. Oh, I just love this area! It used to be a desk that I never used. I am working on displaying white dishes behind the pretty glass doors. I decided to have the cabinet  lit, so my contractor is coming back to do finish the lighting.





Behind this door is my dishwasher. I just cracked the door a tad so you can see that it pulls down.  This dishwasher cleans even dried on food. It is one welcomed addition to the kitchen!

You also get a good look at the soapstone counter and the beadboard back splash in this photo! I used to keep my flour, sugar etc. in a lidded drawer, but because this is a farmouse kitchen I am displaying them in big glass jars and using pretty tea cups as scoops!





The tumbled marble cook top back splashed was installed yesterday. I really held my breath on this one! Bob and I picked out the marble and made the design ourselves. I wanted something pretty, yet simple. The oil rubbed bronze medallions repeat the use of oil rubbed bronze in my kitchen.

I have never had a back splash in the 16 years we have been at StoneGable! I now wonder "why?". What a difference it makes!

Also in this picture is my Jenn Air cooktop. Thanks to Nate at Martin's Appliance for finding me the deal (steal) of the year on my appliances! Go see Nate, he's adorble! Reminds me of my son.


The table and chairs come tomorrow.  This is a very big day at StoneGable, we  have been eating on a utility table or the coffee table for 2 months! Setting the 54 inch round table made of 200 year old barn beams will be a joy!

The sisal rug comes next week. And the rush seat bench is backordered till June 6th.

Things To Do:
~ hem the eating area's window treatment
~ figure out the window treatment over the kitchen window ( I just might need your imput on this one!)
~find natural rolled shades
~find a great brown transferware set of dishes
~ find a blue/white lamp
~ find placemats
~spray paint all my brass light switch plates oil rubbed bronze
~ decorate glass cabinets
~ line new drawers
~make a small topiary for hood ledge

I'm sure there is more to be done, but this is all my brain can think about right now!

Thanks to everyone for being so excited right along with me! Your wonderful comments, encouragement  and shared joy has made this process all the more special. You are the BEST!

I am joining Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top