The Princess Lilacs are in full bloom at StoneGable. And the sky is booming! It has been raining on and off for days.  I originally wanted to set a small table near the lilac bush, but the raindrops chased me onto the front porch.





The inspiration for this simple table are the lilac and white vintage sandwich plates. Purchased years ago, these delicate dishes return to my table every spring when the lilacs bloom.









The purple floral pattern is so innocent and pretty.





Greeting each guest is a teacup full of lilacs!  The aroma of the lilacs is as beautiful as the flowers!







The round sandwich plate rest on a green straw mat. Lilac and green is such a lovely springtime combination.




Edit, edit, edit! I spent most of the time on this table editing! Until I was left with just the basics! Anything else seemed too much. And that is saying a whole lot. I am the queen of embellishment!

I tried 4 different napkins until I settled on a simple white cotton napkin with a battenburg lace corner. It was folded in the most classic and simple way!

The only flatware needed is a dessert fork and spoon. Vintage silverplate was perfect for this table~ after trying 3 other patterns and colors.




A purple ribbed champagne flute (Target) is ready for a champagne cocktail. The vintage sherbet glasses are such a  luscious shade of plum. I got these glasses for a song~ and they still make me swoon! They will hold fresh berries and cream.






A crisp white pitcher with wonderful detail holds a fresh cut bouquet of lilacs. The smell is intoxicating!

Again, simple and pretty.






As the skies open up and rain is falling all around, the table is dry and inviting! Who is my guest for a little lunch you ask?   ... why YOU!  I've been waiting for YOU!

The Menu
Champagne Cocktail
Fresh Berries And Cream
Assorted Finger Sandwiches
Heirloom Tomato Salad
Shortbread Cookies
Tea


I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top