Lilacs And All That Jazz:

This lilac table, set last year, is one of my very favorite StoneGable tablescapes. Like many of my fellow tablescapers, a great deal of time, care and energy goes into setting, photographing, take apart, writing, editing and posting each table we offer almost weekly.

I am estimating that 9 hours (or more) and 170 photographs went into putting together this lilac tablescape post. That does not include making the napkins or shopping for the tableware.  

I have decided to reprise a favorite table about once every 4-6 weeks and post it as part of Tablescape Thursday. It seems a shame to have something that is such a labor of love only having center stage on my blog for 24 hours. I now have a big enough repertoire to offer past tablescapes I think would be enjoyed by my dear readers.

Since I am meeting many new people to blogging all the time, I hope to present some of my best work for them to see as well.

I hope you enjoy this revistied post!





The weather is getting warmer and the lilacs are in full bloom.  Their hedy fragrance drifts across the back porch and it is the perfect night for dining al fresco and listening to some fabulous jazz!

Jazz and spring just go together.






The inspiration for this table were these lovely lilacs. One of my very favorite flowers, these beauties are so short lived. So when they bloom... I swoon! 






A small table is set on the back porch to enjoy the remains of the day. It is dressed in a white damask tablecloth (Goodwill, a real gem of a find). The gentle breeze loves to play with it!


The layers upon layers of plates sit on a silver handled tray. These trays are more utilitarian than fine, but I thought they looked so pretty with these dishes.




The dishes are an eclectic mish-mosh of white. Nothing new. I just got a little carried away. Don't you just love to see all the subtle hues of white and the wonderful plate edges?







The purple transferware is "Charlotte" by Royal Staffordshire (The Barn Antiques, Strasburg Pa). This has become one of my favorites for its lovely color, beautiful design and sweet ruffly scalloped edge.







The table is only big enough for two place settings, so each one had to make a big statement.





Double layered napkins are caught up in a silver napkin ring. The purple napkin were easy to whip up from a remnant. Click HERE to see an easy tutorial for no sew mitered corner napkins.





A silver tea pot is repurposed as a vase to hold beautiful lilacs (The Barn Antiques). It gives a kind of grace to the table.




Clear iridescent water goblets were a wedding gift to my Grandmother and passed on to me. The are one of my beloved treasures.



Purple flutes are ready for persecco (Target).




Little white bird salt and pepper shakers (Pier One) perch together.


Tiny purple flowers adorn coffee cups. They are placed on mismatched white saucers. I love this look... it's so charming!




Music, lilacs and laughter mingle together and filled the air as we dine on the back porch on a glorious spring evening.




I am participating in Tablescape Thurday at Between Naps On The Porch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top