Work In Progress... for sure! This week some of the big elements of my new FARMHOUSE kitchen were fitted into place. But there is still so much to be done. And what I am finding a challenge now is having the tools of my kitchen moved all over to keep them out of the way. Notice the knife block and basket of oils in my glass cupboards. I looked for the knives for 30 minutes until I found them under my nose!
This beautiful architectural hood is a new piece, as is all the GORGEOUS heavy crown molding.  Sorry I am gushing. Who knew that I would be so over the moon about new crown molding? It still needs a final coat of paint.

The stone backsplash under the hood will go in at the end of the week.

I couldn't help sneaking in a little decor here and there. Neutrals with deep blue and white accents is the color direction I am going.



Oil rubbed bronze accents adorn my cabinets. What a tough decision... but ultimately I thought this rich finish would look best against the white woodwork and work well with the black soapstone counters. Keeping the hardware simple was important for the integrity of the farmhouse look.





Cup pulls! I have had a crush on them for a L-O-N-G time!



One of the areas I am most excited about is the old desk area, now a new built-in to house the microwave and drawers for pots and pans. The top (not shown) is a big glass cabinet with french mullion paned glass doors. This piece is still being put together.

 All cabinet edges in the kitchen are softly rounded and detailed.



I did the happy dance of joy when water returned to my kitchen! And it came back in style! The goose neck faucet and it's simple styling fits perfectly with the soapstone trough sink.  I chose oil rubbed bronze to compliment the sink and counter tops. Please pardon the wood dust over everything!

The white beadboard back splash was installed today. It is not finished yet. Molding and  silicone need to be added. And then repainted.




This sink... Love at first sight!


Lighting was installed over the island. I searched for months for this fixture and found just the look I was hunting  at Lowe's. Style at a great price!

The light is on a dimmer switch and looks so beautiful when on very low. Candle glow!






It is not my style to take a look totally from a catalog. But I did for this chandelier! It's woven rattan shades were just what I had in mind for over the kitchen table. Ballard Design must have made these just for me!

Because my new look is so neutral, texture is very important. These organic shades bring  interest to my new color palate.







I have been so excited for this kitchen  face lift to be coming to a close (hopefully) that I forgot, until now, that I will have a huge clean up job ahead!!!!  YIKES!


Things To Do:
~ find a window treatment for above the sink
~ find a bench with a rush seat
~ purchase a natural fiber carpet  for under the kitchen table
~ collect white ironstone
~ collect old blue/white transferware
~ clean, clean, clean!

I am participating inWOW Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top