I know it's still August and the idea of wrapping yourself in a beautiful cozy blanket may not hold much allure.

But NOW IS the time to make that beautiful cozy blanket for the cooler weather just around the corner!

This is an easy project that can be completed in just a couple of hours and ... it is NO-SEW!

I am joining a group of very talented and creative bloggers for

NO-SEW DECORATING SHOWCASE...







I'm getting ready for my favorite season... FALL!!!!!

What is more comforting than having a soft blanket to wrap up in against the chill of Autumn?

I'm not talking about a big bulky thick blanket. What I wanted was a soft light throw that would not only be warm but an attractive addition to my living room!


So let's get into the spirit of falling leaves... apple cider... and chilly days by adding warmth to our homes with a monogrammed wool throw!







STONEGABLE NO-SEW MONOGRAMMED WOOL THROW
1.5 yds wool fabric (60 inches wide)
1 roll STITCH WITCHERY fusible bonding tape
Avery Fabric Transfers




I got very lucky at our local Calico Corners Outlet and found two partial bolts of a wonderful cashmere wool blend fabric. I used some of the fabric for my throw.  I'll be using some for my next no-sew project... a wool wrap!


1.  Make a fringe. Fray the 2 shorter ends of the fabric. This is the most time consuming part of this project. I frayed about 1 inch of the fabric to make an attractive fringe. A seam ripper makes it easier to pull the wool threads away from the fabric.

2. The two long ends should be a selvage edges. Iron over a 1/4 inch seam along the salvage edge. Slip in a strip of Stitch Witchery and fold over another 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

3. Iron according to package directions to create a nice finished edge. 

4. Make a monogram. I used my digital imaging program. You can make an image and reverse it using Microsoft Word.

IT ALL STARTED WITH PAINT has a great tutorial.


Reverse the image. Print it on a Fabric Transfer sheet and cut out the image. Try to cut it out closely as you can.







5. Follow the Fabric Transfer directions and iron the monogram onto the throw.


TA-DA!







A monogrammed wool throw would also make a smashing gift!







Here's another NO Sew Project I shared this week...

NO SEW CONVERSATION STARTER NAPKINS






Make sure you check-out the other

NO-SEW
DECORATING SHOWCASE

bloggers and their awesome no-sew projects!






No Sew Chevron Roman Shades
Barb at THE EVERYDAY HOME

No Sew Changeable Pillow Covers
Suzy at WORTHING COURT

No Sew Lavender Sachets
Ann at ON SUTTON PLACE

No Sew Fashion Inspired Chair Cover With Fabric Rosettes
Amy at ATTA GIRL SAYS

No Sew Basket Liners
Debbie at CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT







Sign up for StoneGable's newsletter on my sidebar!
Get all the news, posts and updates delivered to your email inbox...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top