I'm getting an early jump on Christmas decorating this year thanks to HOMETALK and  LAMPS PLUS !

As a part of their 2013 HOLIDAY DESIGN CHALLENGE I was asked "how would you fill and decorate this lamp"?
What fun!!!!



hometalk-lamps-plus-holiday-design-challenge.jpg-550x0



With Christmas music blaring and thought of sugarplums dancing in my head I got to work like a busy little elf...







The kind folks at LAMPS PLUS sent me this beautiful FILLABLE CLEAR GLASS OVO TABLE LAMP. The lamp base is removable and the lamp can be filled with all sorts of wonderful and creative things!

 I have the strangest desire to fill it with colored jellybeans... but that is for another season!





Fillable Clear Glass Ovo Table Lamp




The lamp is so large and  impressive on its own that the real challenge for me was how to fill it and still let the beauty of this lamp show through!


The inspiration for my Holiday Lamp design came from its icy glass and the snowy shade... 

so I created a wintery white vignette ...


POINSETTIAS IN THE SNOW





No traditional red and green (but how pretty would that be in this lamp). I decided to show off the softer side of the Christmas season.

And because the lamp has a contemporary feel I wanted to fill it with a little holiday sophistication!






  

I made a several dozen felt poinsettias... 

To see how to make them click HERE.







Most of the poinsettias were used to decorate the barrel lampshade... along with some tiny snowballs, pearls and sparkles... 

Every Holiday lamp should have a little sparkle and bling!








Because I want to use the lampshade again I fixed everything to the shade with removable glue dots.







I filled the lamp base with Epson Salts to resemble snow. A frosty vignette of snowy flocked greens, tall ice covered twigs and white poinsettias was positioned in the base of the lamp. 

Are you getting in the Christmas mood yet?










I sprayed a little nest with snow and embellished it with flocked greens and twigs and a poinsettia to repeat the elements in the lamp.

I bet you are beginning to hum your favorite Christmas tune, aren't you?







My lamp will stay up for New Year's Day and probable through February! I think it will work for the cold and blustery days of winter too!





Thanks so much  HOMETALK and LAMPS PLUS for asking me participate in the 2013 HOLIDAY DESIGN CHALLENGE.

Head on over to HOMETALK to see some of the other very creative Holiday Lamps!

You can see my HOMETALK feed by clicking HERE.


Now I'm off to the basement to drag up my Christmas Tree!







Sign up for StoneGable's newsletter on my sidebar!
Get all the news, posts and updates delivered to your email inbox...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top