I've been waiting a long long time to share these floors with you. Finally... there are new hardwood floors in the family room!

Here is what the room looked like before (with the ugly fuzzy carpet)...



Before...




After...






We were able to get the same hardwood floors... manufacturer and color... that were originally installed in  our home.

The color is "gunstock oak" but it is really a chestnut color. Chestnut trees grew almost like weeds here in Lancaster County, but a blight is slowly killing them. Bobby and I thought our floors should be a tribute to the Chestnut trees that are a big part of our local heritage.

I got a soft and fun "throw" rug at Overstock.com. It is a nice neutral color that brings a nubby texture to the family room decor. I did not want to invest in an oriental carpet at this time. And I did not want a light colored carpet... just too much traffic in this room. So I chose a very very neutral carpet that's texture adds to the room.

Did you notice the new sofa? It was part of my winning from Lamps Plus.  Very comfy!









I think the room looks just as cozy with bare floors... and the small rug... don't you?










Because this room is so neutral, I can bring in any color to give it a little more life. Right now I am liking a denim or indigo blue!

I just got this fun polka dot runner from Pottery Barn Outlet!










My room's never seem to be done... now I'm waiting for a new chair to replace the black one and I am working on some wall art with barn boards.






To read how all this hardwood floor "stuff" started... see THIS IS MAYHEM! , a post about my new hardwood floors!




Remember to

Pin It




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top