I get lots and lots of questions about StoneGable each week.
And many of the same ones keep popping up!

Here are 5 questions that StoneGable readers want to know and my answers...


1. Who makes are your leaf and berry dishes and where did you get them?





bottom and second to the bottom dishes


This is probably the most asked question by StoneGable readers. I have answered it a hundred times but never in a post.

The dishes I call my leaf and berry dishes are really olive branch dishes. When I first got them I thought the fruit was a berry. But upon closer inspection, I found that they were olives!

I have no idea the maker of my beloved dishes other than this marking on the back...


* UPDATE...

One of my wonderful readers, Cindee, emailed me with the maker and pattern of these favorite dishes


They are HOLIDAY BOUGH from BARREVELD.


Thanks so much, Cindee!

AND...

they are not olives and branches. They are "embossed holy and berries" according to the manufacturer.






The second most frequently asked about dishes are the other dishes in the picture above.

They are made by the same illusive manufacturer!

These dishes came from HomeGoods.



2. What are your kitchen counter tops and sink made of?







Our counter tops and kitchen sink are soapstone. It is a very durable, inert, natural stone. It does not stain, is not effected by hot and cold and is a breeze to take care of.

I chose soapstone slabs that had a minimum of veining. Some slabs can be very busy!

I had wanted soapstone counters for a long, long time... so when we updated our kitchen it was on our "list"!

I clean them with soap and water and to keep them black and shiny I wipe them down with mineral oil about once a month.









3. What are you paint colors?

The kitchen, living room, dining room, family room foyer and stair walls are all Benjamin Moore SONNET.







It is a very neutral and light off white/light bone color.








All the trim and kitchen cabinets in our home are painted Benjamin Moore ATRIUM WHITE.








And while we are on the subject of paint color, I often get asked...


What color is your front door?








The short answer is... I don't know!

It was supposed to be a dark slate grey/almost black, but it must have been mixed wrong. When we (and when I say "we" I mean Bobby) started to paint it I immediately knew it was a mistake. But a happy one! I love the color! It works well with our Pennsylvania limestone. I just hope I can match it as the door needs some touch up this spring.


4. Why don't you show your bathrooms, do you think it is too personal?

It's not that I won't share my bathrooms with my readers... but we have not updated any of them yet. StoneGable has 5 bathrooms. No one needs 5 bathrooms, believe me!

The main hall bathroom upstairs and one of the downstairs powder rooms hopefully will be updated before the end of the year.

We were going to gut the master bathroom and totally redo it, but we opted to build a new patio this spring instead. The bathroom will have to wait another year!

The bathrooms aren't awful... they just are not updated. And this blog is all about the diy's of updating rooms and decorating!

I'll show them to you as soon as they are done!


5.  Where do you keep all of your dishes?


I don't have as many as you think! I use the same ones over and over!

Here are two posts that show where the majority of my dishes are kept...







and...






There you have it! I hope this post answers some of your questions about StoneGable.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you  have and I'll do my best to answer them.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top