Here's a little peek at part of my foyer. Bobby is done painting the walls (Benjamin Moore Sonnet) and now we are working on having a small settee slipcovered and replacing the mirror above the buffet.

Even though we are still painting the trim I decided to bring a little spring into the foyer...







I brought the chair from the dining room over to the foyer, and added my NO SEW BURLAP POSY PILLOW.To see the tutorial, click HERE.


I added just a few very simple thing to the top of the painted buffet... shopping my house for each piece!









The lamp, urn with ivy and a beautiful-degas-note-card-turned-picture make a trio of differing heights and soft spring colors!


All these pieces were borrowed from my study!










On the other side of the buffet is a white urn filled with faux blooms (from a local shop), a little nest with pretty aqua eggs and a small stack of books.

The top book is about Degas and his ballet paintings and sculptures. I adore Degas. The Degas rooms at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art in New York are AMAZING! I could spend all day there!

Degas was not only a prolific painter and a core member of the Impressionist, but he was a master sculptor. 

My very favorite Degas sculpture is of a little 14 year old dancer. I am totally enthralled with this piece!
You can see a picture of her and read about this world renowned  masterpiece HERE.









As soon as the settee is done I'll share the other side of the foyer!







Remember to

Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top