Here's a little peek at part of my foyer. Bobby is done painting the walls (Benjamin Moore Sonnet) and now we are working on having a small settee slipcovered and replacing the mirror above the buffet.

Even though we are still painting the trim I decided to bring a little spring into the foyer...







I brought the chair from the dining room over to the foyer, and added my NO SEW BURLAP POSY PILLOW.To see the tutorial, click HERE.


I added just a few very simple thing to the top of the painted buffet... shopping my house for each piece!









The lamp, urn with ivy and a beautiful-degas-note-card-turned-picture make a trio of differing heights and soft spring colors!


All these pieces were borrowed from my study!










On the other side of the buffet is a white urn filled with faux blooms (from a local shop), a little nest with pretty aqua eggs and a small stack of books.

The top book is about Degas and his ballet paintings and sculptures. I adore Degas. The Degas rooms at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art in New York are AMAZING! I could spend all day there!

Degas was not only a prolific painter and a core member of the Impressionist, but he was a master sculptor. 

My very favorite Degas sculpture is of a little 14 year old dancer. I am totally enthralled with this piece!
You can see a picture of her and read about this world renowned  masterpiece HERE.









As soon as the settee is done I'll share the other side of the foyer!







Remember to

Pin It



 
Top