The evening are getting less hot and oppressive here at StoneGable and PORCH STTTING is now our favorite activity!

Before I think about changing my porch from Summer to Autumn (around September 15th) I wanted to share a favorite spot. Won't you sit  and rock awhile with me and enjoy the early morning sun as it pours through the porch slats and spills onto the porch floor!


This year my front porch is a profusion of green, purple and white . Each year I try to decorate the porch with a different theme or color palate. I call this year's theme "The cooler side of summer".



Bobby and I painted the rockers this spring a blue/grey to compliment StoneGable's limestone exterior. 
The rockers will get a coat of Annie Sloan Antique Wax before I decorate them with Autumn pillows, throws and surround them with pumpkins. Then we will let them age gracefully. I can't wait to see how they will weather the years.

But... right now I am enjoying their "just freshly painted" look!

On the other side of the front porch is a mirror image  of rockers and blooms. 



Pillows, lots of them, add color and design to my porch vignette.




All the pillows cases can be easily removed and washed.  The black and white pillows as well as the green graphic design were purchased from an ETSY shop. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend them as the fronts are lovely, but the backs are made of a much less quality cotton. Too bad, because they are beautifully made. Thankfully, they are pretty enough for the front porch!




Rocking tends to sooth all the troubles of the world away. Are you relaxed yet?



I am joining...
~INSPIRATIONAL FRIDAY at At The Picket Fence
~SEASONAL SUNDAY at The Tablescapers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top